Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Mmmmm, the PC DOS demoscene days :heart_eyes: i miss those days of magic where every demo/copy party competition showed something not seen before.
I used to travel to The Party in Denmark with all my friends :slight_smile: in the 90ā€™s, crazy fun times :bigsmile:
What productions/groups where you in? how big was the scene in US?

EDIT added some links :wink:

Okay, ā€¦soā€¦ what am I lookin at? :~

I suspect he buried the A6, i was just to good and he was slowly losing his will to mod :stuck_out_tongue: so he buried the EE A6 & made that almost 14000 lumens monster out of the 3 XPH70ā€™s and a Supfire M6 to make up for lost times :smiley:

So I welcomed Dave with a macro image of fresh ground Panama Elida coffee.

Edit: Panama Elida is, to me, the best coffee in the World! :heart_eyes:

I will go outside and take a beamshot of the 1600 lumen Eagle Eye A6 and then Annihilate it with the M6. :stuck_out_tongue:

The annihilation of a really sweet little light, Eagle Eye A6 BLF Special Edition, meet your maker! :P

Mouseover for the Annihilator, M6 Triple XHP70

I should probably point out that I am a photographer. I have credibility to maintain. These 2 pictures are SOOC (straight out of camera), untouched by any programs that could alter the original image in any way.

This is my standard set that I always take, same settings as always, same camera as always. Canon G1X, ISO1600, 1/2 second exposure with an f/5.6 aperture. Manual mode, manual focus, 2 second timer on a tripod.

The scene in the US was pretty small, and I was mostly by myself with only one other person in the area who had any decent understanding of code. So, we had our little rivalry and I gave most of my code away in comp.graphics.algorithms and comp.sys.ibm.pc.demos. Some of it got adapted here and there for various purposes, and some got pulled in to the SDL graphics library because Sam Latinga liked it. I ended up lumping a lot of it into a single program which was basically a paint program based on demoscene effects, so you could paint with a shadebob or burn pictures with a fire algorithm and stuff like that. I run into remnants of my old code from time to time, like back when I last bought a Game Shark I was surprised to see my water simulation code running on it behind the menus.

But then I switched focus to free software in general instead of just graphics, and have been doing that for a living ever since. Writing attiny code feels a lot like demoscene days, except now Iā€™ve only got one pixel, a button, and a kilobyte. I guess itā€™s a lighter (heh) version of the same hobby.

Itā€™s certainly a lot more relaxing than trying to debug a one-in-a-trillion data corruption error caused by a rare race condition between two parts of an eight-layer I/O stack, or trying to write an entire OS installer before the beginning of the next trade show even though the project was already six months overdue before I even started. Those feel like work, not fun.

That is crazy J) it is like there is no colors left only white blinding light.

It looks like far away between the threes to the left it is about as bright as up close with the A6

Gorram! That hurts even on my computer screen!

Ding Ding !!

My first guess was almost 100% correct, thinking fresh rock ground coffee LOL. Thought large object were rocks, now I see they are coffee beans.
Second guess was: EE A6ā€™s point of view after God know what you put it through. J)

Looking forward to your night shots!

Holy Hellza! Just saw the annihilation.

And it gobbles up my little Efests like a pot-head with a bag of chips.

Next group buy a Supfire M6 with mods so we can use 18650 batteries & 3 XPH70 & the FET driver for a 15000+ lumens stock light :bigsmile: do you think Supfire are up to it LOL

That would at least make them work for that fire part of their name :smiley:

I am actually semi serious i would want that :wink:

Iā€™m uploading a short video showing the modes on the A6, camera canā€™t see the lowest modes but youā€™ll get the general idea. Should be up and ready in about a half hour or a little less.

Ok, hope this works and is helpfulā€¦

I donā€™t know if my voice can be heard, such as it is, my speakers are acting up so I couldnā€™t proof that.

Cool to see the reversing up & down looks very intuitive :slight_smile:

Sorry to say the voice couldnā€™t be heard, it was to much wind noise from the microphone.

Put me down for 1 of each NW and CW

@Dale

Did you have automatic white balance turned on? Because it appears to me that the colour changes drastically throughout the video. Anyone else noticed that or am I going crazy?

This camera doesnā€™t have the choices my big camera has.

That said, hereā€™s another from indoors that makes it much easier to seeā€¦and hear

Thanks.

Once the camera has adjusted the WB properly, the tint looks nice. UI seems easy and intuitive. Great light!

Nice, but i am already sold on the idea :wink:

bugsy36 should post it or a link to the video in the OP before it gets swallowed up by the speed of this thread :slight_smile: for those that arenā€™t yet :wink: