Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Please put me on the list for a neutral white one :slight_smile:

One cool whiteā€¦ thanks

Please add me to the list for 1 NW. Thanks.

Considering the uncertainty of life and feeling the Need for instant gratification, I thought it wise to order a Stop-Gap measure, just to tide me over.

Just now ordered (so who knows when it will arrive), a Convoy S2+ 2.8A, XM-L2 T-6 4C. - The Red one with the Stainless switch! - Hate those damn Green GITD covers.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_154256.html

Wish is was available in Black, but Red it is for now, because I have only heard good things about that switch. - Something we should be seeing more of in the future from Convoy on other modelsā€¦I Hope?

I have many other lights slightly above and below this size, but no 18650 ā€œBudgetā€ Tube lights. - So Iā€™m sure that you can see why ā€˜I Needed to do thisā€™:slight_smile:

Still waiting Patiently for our A6 GB! - (1cw/2nw)

Any comments?

Thanks,
-Chuck

I think the uncertainty of life and the need for instant gratification are two things that should definitely be given their due.

Toykeeper, do you think the solarforce clip will work on this? When you get your sample, could you test it?

I have an S2+ and a A6, the tubes at the top of the tail cap threads are the same size so I bet it will work, but you will have to add some wire like ToyKeeper did with her S2 so the tail cap makes contact with the tube.

What Joat said. Itā€™ll probably work, but will probably need a wire for contact. Iā€™ll try it when it gets here.

Yes thatā€™s an awesome looking light. None of the other Convoy S-series has that stainless switch?

Why only red color, maybe itā€™s made for Firemen? (rubber/plastic switch wonā€™t melt if accidentally dropped near fire for a few seconds)

thats a great light imho!

there is a review here somewhereā€¦

The red Convoy is a nice light. I made one into a triple with FET+1, and it turned out well. I didnā€™t make a build thread for it though, because Iā€™ve been busy and just wanted to get it done.

While using it as a bike light, I noticed that the offtime timings change when the light is cold. It seems the capacitor discharges slower at lower temperatures, so Iā€™m debating whether I should try to fix it in software or if I need to change the resistors on the driver. Otherwise it takes far too long to register a long press while cold.

Interested in getting one of these in cool white.

To go with my #251 Iā€™ll add a NW, I donā€™t care if it puts me at the end of the list.

Please put me down for a NW.

Thanks,
Mike

If you are already In, adding another just puts the recent one at the end of the list - Your prior one will stay in place.

How do I know such things? - Iā€™m #455 - #456 AND #556:-)

So, as long as you got the Bucks, feel free to Add-Away!

Thanks,
-Chuck

UPDATE.....

Samples have arrived! At the moment they are en-route to Dale for further scrutiny....and then to the rest of the group.

What can I say. It is bright as hell! Wight's +1 7135 driver seems to be working great (as manufactured by them). TK's UI is great too. These samples are with the UI that requires soldering the bottom star for memory. I did not solder mine before I sent it of. Therefore it starts on moon every time. All of you moon lovers will be happy to know that at first I thought the light was not working. I think many will be happy with how low this thing can get. Definitely no burning of any pocket. LOL. I also think that many may go for TK's 4-mode option, unless they use the modes to compensate for battery drain (which I often do at work). Another cool thing for you 2-mode people is that with TK's back up feature it is easy to go from Moon to High without all of the modes

That is all from me. You all will have to wait until this weekend to hear from Dale (if he is available), and the remainder of the group will have theirs next week.

Awesome! Ready to hit the ā€œBuy me nowā€ button! :bigsmile:

Looking forward to Daleā€™s comments!

:arrow: :exmark: 8)

Oh goody goody goody goody goody! :slight_smile: