Collecting interest for a Sofirn C01 host version

In for two.

If there is a source to buy the LEDs from, I’m in for two hosts.

It depends on which led you desire, it is in principle suitable for any led that has the standard 5mm led form factor :
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?\_from=R40&\_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.X5mm+led.TRS0&\_nkw=5mm+led&\_sacat=0

I was hoping for the original high CRI Yuji, or any other high CRI.

There may be another high CRI led in the pipeline (see above in this thread), but for sure, and when, I do not know.

If they offer it with BLF branding that would be a very cool plus, but wouldn’t change my interest, personally. Color would though, if black you can put me down for 4, if unanodized (or clear/silver ano) I’d go for 8.

I think my wife is bordering on the irritated stage with respect to flashlight buying, but I’m going to cautiously join the list.

Please put my down for 2.

A related question: has anyone ever seen an RGB 5mm LED that changes colors in response to on/off cycles?

I see lots of 2-pin emitters that cycle between colors automatically, or even fade between colors, and I also see some 4-pin models that can be externally controlled for color, but nothing that offers multiple colors the user would be able select in a C01.

Sounds like a great way to build a red led cockroach. Put me down for two in any anodized color- though natural HA or Olive would be preferred.

Please put my down for 2 :+1:

Don’t worry, Barry had a look at the list in the OP and he was not impressed by the numbers, and I must say agree. I did not ask him what the treshold number is for a production run but I guess it should be in the order of 200 and we will never get there. But I will keep this thread running, who knows?

I have not seen such a RGB 5mm led, just the auto-change ones and the type with separate cathode pins for the colours with a common anode.

If it helps get this done, put me down for two. Nothing wrong with having a couple more toys I can play with…

And I’d like to extend my preorder from 2 to 4 lights.

Count me in for two.

Still hope it will come to the production of a small batch.

My old eyes prevent me from being a tint-snob, but I was hoping to put a UV led in that host.
The fun of shining UV light in my glass of tonic, where it makes the quinine glow up.
Without having to schlepp my UV-C8 around.

Will this UV LED work well in the C01?

Sure, no problem.

Very nice, thanks!

Can you bump me up to two hosts? Thanks.

Please bump me up to three hosts. Maybe we’ll hit 200 someday…

I’ll say it again. If the only thing NOT included in this “host” version is the emitter, then a cheap 100mA WW 5mm LED, and the driver tuned accordingly should be installed, so the light can be sold “complete” and you will probably get a lot more interest. As a way of putting my money where my mouth err, keyboard is, I’ll jump on the list for five of them if this is done, and they can still come around $6 or less. :partying_face: