Color me shocked

WOW, S**T. I'm Glad others are taking up the slack, while my PC at home is down.Wink

Happy to hear it, Burro. I haven’t experienced the bad things others here have with CPF but I can definitely sympathize with them. Unless it’s happened to you you will never understand. I’m sure you can understand where they are coming from though and just be glad your experience has been better. :wink:

It is a bit like ordering from DD. Everything is fine until they f**k up your order. :p

Well that kinda sez it all right there, Dimlux. :)

Burro, what do you think about changing your name to "Drama Llama"?

Hhahahahahahahahahahahaha. Wait, what?

Hahahahahahahahahahahah

I like your signature pic

@ oldbobk: "He's a CPF shill, trying to entice people over there so that CPF's retailers can harvest money from them."

Wow, I thought I was a conspiricist!

Thing is, Bob, I believe you're confusing someone "giving his word" on something with someone who simply vents a bit when upset or frustrated and then relents when he's cooled down. Who hasn't done that at some time? Sure, Burro handled the whole thing badly. He could/should have defended his position calmly and clearly instead of stomping off like that, but I don't equate that with breaking his word. (I don't actually recall him giving his word at all, come to that).

I suppose one could - if one wished - view Burro's decision to stay as a weasly failure to stick to a hasty declaration - one may even fantasize that leaving would cost him commission from (?) because if he left he'd lose the opportunity to entice poor, innocent BLF-ers over to The Darkside (Muahahaha!). Or you can look at it as someone who got cross but was then mature enough to rcognize the fact that he'd been a bit of an ass - (see what I did there? Ass/Burro? :D No? Please yourselves..) and decided not to let a hasty flounce-out stop him from participating on the best forum around.

I'm not trying to start 'The Burro Fanclub', but really guys, let's keep a bit of perspective

Note quite right…

There!

Brilliant!

Personally, I don't think we, as a community, should be running people off just because we disagree with them (Burro). Or because we don't like their politics or country of origin (Flashlight Turtle). Or because they prefer particular venders of budget lights (Kreisler). Or because they believe in foreign intervention (watkins). Or because their sense of humor is often misunderstood (me). Or because they chain their wives to the stove and demand cookies (me, again).

And these are just the bun fights I remember. I'm sure we could all find more.

We all have a right to a particular point of view. What we don't have is a right to is unanimous consensus.

I would much rather deal with with someone I am vehemently opposed to, but who is honest about what they think, then someone who agrees with me and is duplicitous.

That said, the JohnnyMac modified cartoon is clever and funny. Hopefully, Burro can laugh it off. Remember, at the end of the day, this is still only a flashlight forum. I love it here, but it doesn't truly matter.

"but it doesn't truly matter"

blashphemy! :p

cone: "I would much rather deal with with someone I am vehemently opposed to, but who is honest about what they think, then someone who agrees with me and is duplicitous."

+1

Ah, found it! Been looking for this quote to see who said it (it was Voltaire):

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

It basically encapsulates the principle of Free Speech.

I think you know just how much enjoyment I get from hanging out here, but it is still only entertainment. After I wrote that post, I read this news article about some young girl dying because of flesh eating bacteria. Kind of makes the nonsense here pale in comparison.

I agree with you completely. And I do understand most of your jokes... ;)

François-Marie Arouet de Voltaire, one of the few truly great Frenchman. Oh no you didn't!

+1 again!

You're on a roll today! Think I'll log out and leave the posting to you

Seriously, I couldn't agree more. And not just about silly forum stuff. I (frequently) look at my own attitudes to some things with a sense of genuine shame. How is it even possible for a 'decent' human being to be actually upset over, say, a scratched car or a broken window, when children are dying horrible deaths? I honestly mean that, not just trying to be righteous. Thankfully I'm a lot better than I used to be years ago, but doubt I'll ever truly get it 'right'..

I always kinda knew this about myself, but since (unexpectedly) becoming a dad I've really developed a whole new perspective. Nothing like parenthood for 'keeping it real'. (That last bit is just my tuppenceworth).

OK, it's getting too light and comical in here . . for my would-be liberal friends I apologize for any offense if the following paragraph is too much generalization . . it is only my observation and not more . . but I cannot leave this at free speech.

Voltaire's statement is MUCH more, it is about respecting other people enough as equals with an equally strong sense of personal responsibility to fight the intolerant and fascists of all political parties who would tell us how to live instead of sharing a common respect. IMO, THESE are the guiding principles of true conservatives, respecting others WITH personal responsibility. Neither the rich or the poor are defined by their holdings, they are defined by their willingness to embrace AND support freedom for others.

And now, back to the thread . . can't believe nobody has commented on the obvious . . the AMAZING facial expressions in the cartoon . . even pulling on the burro, the guy is grinning from ear to ear . Cone could use that guy for his avatar and it would be PERFECT.

Congrats on the rugrats, Lensman - and thanks for your perspective.

This place always felt like the "Island of Misfit Toys" to me, only with torches. It was our largely shared experience of being marginalized or ostracized that formed a common bond among the rogue's gallery that is BLF.

I believe that is why the outright dismissal of such struck a nerve.

JohnnyMac, cheers for making me snort Red Bull out of my nose. Doing so always leaves me with a faint aftertaste of Flinstones Vitamins, so thanks for that.