COMETA Solutions//Warnings, safety, problem"fixes", pre/post mod measurements, & more. UPDATED

My sincere apologies cabfrank, I figured you would understand… Although I am somewhat shocked that you would mention a private PM openly, I’ll be glad to answer your question.

KMA = Keep Moving Ahead

Which is exactly what we need to do in relation to this Cometa group buy…… Keep Moving Ahead.

I hope this answered your question satisfactorily. :+1:

So now hopefully we can all just KMA…….

Best regards….

Why thank you teacher, and such a polite post too. It seems we really are moving ahead.

Most hopefully we do … in every way !

No problem at all cabfrank, it was my pleasure.
And certainly a polite question such as you asked, deserves nothing less than a polite answer.
I agree with you also, it seems we all; are truly “moving ahead”. :+1:

Amen JPLight, I also can only hope we all KMA; in every way possible.
We can keep our fingers crossed & hope for the best…… :slight_smile:
~
~
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming…… :slight_smile:

Acronym Disambiguation

Thanks hank. The whole time I was thinking Kuwait Medical Association. :smiley:

Come on gentlemen
All this……

and

do absolutely nothing to help us KMA in this Cometa situation.

Why don’t y’all just give it a rest???
Think before you post. :+1:
——————————————
KMA = KeepMovingAhead

I finally got a response after filing a paypal DISPUTE…

Dear,
Thank you for your report and I am a professional guys.
About the short our problem,Could you tell me whether have adding a insulating ring?
I will resend a insulating ring to you,it could solve the problme.
Looking forward to your reply,thanks!
Best Regard,
Zoe 14073032

I got the same BS on June 2, which means Banggood is fighting my paypal dispute.
So later on June 2 , I emailed Neal directly at : zhanghh0420@hotmail.com and asked him to look at the HUGE amount of money I have spent at Banggood without ANY complaints from me about ANY of their badly designed lights. So I asked Neal to give me a refund on my shorted out Cometa. I could not believe that Neal then told me to send a VIDEO !!!
It will be a cold day in HECK, when I spend another penny at Banggood.

I think that they are capable to sell only,but without the trouble from bad items.They can not solve the problems and the Language barrier is one reason.
It is the same Zoe who wrote to me today about the S41,which was dead on arrive,but looking carefully,I understood that the cause was thw anodizing of the tube on one side,so I sanded off with a sandpaper,and so the light is OK.
But I had told this to the CS of the BG,something that Zoe today,didn’t know 3 days later.So,it seems that they are in the situation that their right doesn’t know what is doing their left.

I am done with bang good and overseas vendors for good after this.

Well I’ve kept my yap shut for a bit after my insane rant which I do sincerely thank all those who gave me a very decent tuneup over that, but wanted to mention that BG has now settled with me, first offered me $40, I said no thank you and how about $80 store credit, they said nothing for a bit, then requested prices for shipping the lights back to China, I sent them a screenshot of USPS fees to zone 3 China which was about $68 and they replied with a $60 and keep the lights and I agreed, had even told them that I had already used the switches in a couple other lights and they were actually happy I was able to use something out of these lights. So settled and closed PP dispute.
By the way, when I look at this cloned Z1 it’s really quit good overall, threading on the head could be tighter for sure but everything else is really very good.
When you screw the dome down you might notice that it won’t screw down flush it stops when it hits the pill, remove the pill and the dome screws down flush.
So doing some measuring and it turns out with the pocket for the driver being to deep, dome not screwing down flush, that the screw up was the pill, if they had only taken off 1.5mm off the driver end of the pill this might all be a different story.
I’ve used a 16mm x 1.5mm O ring down in the pocket of the pill where the shelf is to first prevent shorts from the posi of the driver hitting the pill and to also bring the driver up to level with the bottom of the pill so there now about two more loops of spring to compress, I have now deliberately tried to short a 650 by compressing the spring attempting to cause the head of the cell to short on the pill, but with it now having the O ring down on the shelf and the driver up to where it should have been it won’t short at all now.
Anyhow my friends, thank you and good luck, case closed… :laughing:

Edit: I just read up the posts and yes that professional guy Zoe, well all you can do is keep at them, I really blew a gasket on that guy a few times and Neal to and here to, well if I learned anything from this GB it would be to pay more attention and if someone comes along and says lets help this group out on their project, I’m out immediately, never again…

Well, I tried the patented Sharpie “patient approach” with Banggood. I contacted Neal (banggood) on May 6th about the plastic flat washer for the bottom of the pill. Neal requested my order number which I provided. On May 31, 25 days after my communications with Neal, I received my plastic washer. However, there are only two problems. Firstly, my order clearly indicates I purchased two Cometas. Secondly, the single washer I received is warped so badly that it is more reminiscent of the brim of my old cowboy hat, than a flat washer.

I’m part of the staff of CPFItalia.
Yes the cometa has been available in the EU store, but Italian members are not happy at all with the status of those lights (they may only have received the washer on the pill), we want all the possible fixes done by BangGood.
Yes, few members that bought them from the asian wharehouse experienced the same issues you guys did.

We are still writing to BangGood and Neal in order to get the best out of this situation for all the members of the forums involved.

Just remembered and don’t know if someone has mentioned this already the gasket needed that will fit this LED and center this lights 5mm dome emitter hole perfectly is the CREE XP-G/XP-E LED Reflector positioning gasket, I was working on one of my XinTDs and was looking at the led spacer and decided to see if it was a fit for this Cometa and it fit perfect, so went to Intl outdoor and they have this spacer, also puts enough space that as long as you don’t have some kind of unicorn horn looking solder point on either the + or - it lifts and centers with the domes 5mm hole perfectly.

http://intl-outdoor.com/cree-xpgxpexte-led-reflector-positioning-gasket-10-pcs-p-601.html

Assures perfect center of the reflector (5mm base)
Prevents the cases where the reflector shorts the LED
Diameter: 16mm
Thickness: 0.8mm
Raised circle diameter: 5mm
Square side: 3.6mm
Suitable for large number of CREE LEDs: XP-G, XP-E, XP-G2, XP-E2, XP-C, XT-E

This gasket and putting the 16mm x 1.5mm O ring down on the driver shelf makes it nearly as safe as you can get, O ring gives it a lot more spring loops, but if I had a mill I’d take 1.5mm off the driver end of the pill and then resize the driver pocket and make a real shelf, but it will have to do for now, also changing out the emitter MCPCB and going with the CREE XM-L2 U3 3D LED on Noctigon XM20 MCPCB 20mm since the pill measures real close to that already.

I am sure the quality of the Cometa does not compare to that of a real Jaxman light, which is what I was told I would be getting.

And here I am with a pair of washers when I only purchased a Cometa.
Mine did not came badly warped as yours but I prefer to use my flat DIY washer over the stock from Banggood.

Thank you Buddha! Keep on trying and pls inform us further. Its hard to read the italian Google translation

Budda, perhaps you could ask your Italian forum member what size o-rings he used to tighten up the loose head. I’m sure there are some here that would like to follow that lead.

Cheers

Agreed, I will be using my DIY washer as well.