Compact Thower - Lumintop SDMini or Nitecore MH 20 GT .. or others ??

Googled it and didn’t really show anything … do you have a link

S2 is a mad thrower. And a great all around light. I have the s3 in copper, just too pretty to EDC……

Just go on banggood.com and search for Astrolux. Lots of very cool well priced lights. Most very popular with people on here.

Why buy one… get all four!

The Klarus Mi7 isn’t a thrower per se, but it does have the XP-L HI so… it throws a little

I think he means ASTROLUX MH10 aka Imalent DN11.
the things I don’t like:

• no short cut for turbo & moon light mode
  • display nominal voltage not actual voltage
  • no location indicator function (very useful function in a dark environment)

Ya that should be it the xpl hi version should have good throw for its size with that emitter. I have a p12gt nitecore and for a 1 inch reflector it is a good thrower for its size. Might be a little bigger then op wants. I like a tube light for edc or the nitenumen. Much cheaper tube lights around. A good $20 light is a good edc in my opinion. If it gets lost or dropped its no big deal compared to losing or damaging a 70 p12gt. Well they are under $50 now but still

Very nice collection, Chicken Drumstick.

Yes found them … thank you for that!!!Nice that you can set the lumens to what you want!!!

By chance has anyone compared one of these to either of the 2 I listed … I’d be interested to know if the hot spot is as tight and if there’s quite a bit of spill in comparison.

I like the fact you can use either 18650 for longer run time or 18350 with the other tube … makes it very pocket size!!

Had a look at the Astrolux S3 which is interesting as well … any idea roughly what sort of run time I’d get on either the 213 or 293 setting …. I’m guessing probably around 45 mins? It’s bigger brother the S2 is just edging towards bigger than I’d ideally like.

I had almost the same doubts and restrictions some weeks ago, and I bought some of these flashlights to test them all. Up to now only 2 flashlights arrived, but it’s a starting point. Although my triple XP-L X6 is a light beast, I consider the MH20GT portability and weight nicer.

Maybe the MH20GT is more what you want (and me too). Read this post and compare the S3 (X5) with the MH20GT: USB rechargable, small 1x18650 thrower for camping/hiking with good CRI - #69 by alfas

Even if BLF A6 is not a thrower, maybe it can meets the portability x light output ratio in a very nice way, with its smaller head. I am waiting S2 and A6 to arrive to compare the light outputs of them all.

And I’ll also definetely consider this one when it comes out (I am following it already):

More info: ENEDED

A JAX M8 or C8 mini can do 60kcd when modded with a FET driver, in stock form with the 2.2A driver it does 31kcd. Outperforms the X6 while being more compact and better built, and the SMO reflector produces one of the smoothest beam from the HI emitter.

Worth a try even if you don’t plan to mod it…

I bought the Lumintop SD Mini, but all around I would NOT recommend it as first choice.

Interesting, I was just thinking of getting the Astro s3, but now it may sound like this jax m8/c8 may be the stronger thrower.

Kinda glad I saw this I was literally about to hit the buy button tonight …. any reason behind that

More info here: JAXMAN M8(xpl hi version),an old model but long shoot! - #56 by will34

Actually it does 65kcd modded, about 10% more than the BLF SS/CU X6. It will smoke anything this size with a reflector, it’s impressive.

It really is only minor issues if you don’t tailcap lockout.
Mine has a parasitic battery drain in a day.
It can easily turn on by accident.

Other minor issues.
The low is not low enough.
For some reason I don’t like the way the tailcap screws on/off.

What’s tailcap lockout ??

Parasitic battery drain in a day would be a complete killer / knockout ……… sure it’s not a bad battery I recently bought a Coast rechargeable that came with 2 batteries and one just wouldn’t hold it’s charge whilst the other is fine???

Tailcap lockout is just unscrewing the tailcap 1/4 turn to disconnect the contact of the circuit.
I tried several new Panasonic batteries, and still had the same problem of the battery draining. I may have a defect, but it is still an issue that I don’t like.

If you really want the Lumintop SD Mini I would consider buying a modified version from Vinh with his new driver. http://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/sdminivn-pocket-thrower

$130, no thanks.