Compact Thower - Lumintop SDMini or Nitecore MH 20 GT .. or others ??

I had almost the same doubts and restrictions some weeks ago, and I bought some of these flashlights to test them all. Up to now only 2 flashlights arrived, but it’s a starting point. Although my triple XP-L X6 is a light beast, I consider the MH20GT portability and weight nicer.

Maybe the MH20GT is more what you want (and me too). Read this post and compare the S3 (X5) with the MH20GT: USB rechargable, small 1x18650 thrower for camping/hiking with good CRI - #69 by alfas

Even if BLF A6 is not a thrower, maybe it can meets the portability x light output ratio in a very nice way, with its smaller head. I am waiting S2 and A6 to arrive to compare the light outputs of them all.

And I’ll also definetely consider this one when it comes out (I am following it already):

More info: ENEDED

A JAX M8 or C8 mini can do 60kcd when modded with a FET driver, in stock form with the 2.2A driver it does 31kcd. Outperforms the X6 while being more compact and better built, and the SMO reflector produces one of the smoothest beam from the HI emitter.

Worth a try even if you don’t plan to mod it…

I bought the Lumintop SD Mini, but all around I would NOT recommend it as first choice.

Interesting, I was just thinking of getting the Astro s3, but now it may sound like this jax m8/c8 may be the stronger thrower.

Kinda glad I saw this I was literally about to hit the buy button tonight …. any reason behind that

More info here: JAXMAN M8(xpl hi version),an old model but long shoot! - #56 by will34

Actually it does 65kcd modded, about 10% more than the BLF SS/CU X6. It will smoke anything this size with a reflector, it’s impressive.

It really is only minor issues if you don’t tailcap lockout.
Mine has a parasitic battery drain in a day.
It can easily turn on by accident.

Other minor issues.
The low is not low enough.
For some reason I don’t like the way the tailcap screws on/off.

What’s tailcap lockout ??

Parasitic battery drain in a day would be a complete killer / knockout ……… sure it’s not a bad battery I recently bought a Coast rechargeable that came with 2 batteries and one just wouldn’t hold it’s charge whilst the other is fine???

Tailcap lockout is just unscrewing the tailcap 1/4 turn to disconnect the contact of the circuit.
I tried several new Panasonic batteries, and still had the same problem of the battery draining. I may have a defect, but it is still an issue that I don’t like.

If you really want the Lumintop SD Mini I would consider buying a modified version from Vinh with his new driver. http://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/sdminivn-pocket-thrower

$130, no thanks.