Compared My Fenix TK70 To My Better XM-L Throwers

It’s simply no contest. But I thought you guys would like to see the shots.

Control shot 350yds 0.8 sec shutter f/4.5 ISO 400

Fenix TK70 350yds 0.8 sec shutter f/4.5 ISO 400

Crelant 7G5 350yds 0.8 sec shutter f/4.5 ISO 400

Olight M3X 350yds 0.8 sec shutter f/4.5 ISO 400

Sunwayman T40CS 350yds 0.8 sec shutter f/4.5 ISO 400

Fenix TK70 220yds 0.8 sec shutter f/4.5 ISO 400

Olight M3X 220yds 0.8 sec shutter f/4.5 ISO 400

I also took this one.

Fenix TK70 1 sec shutter f/4.5 ISO 400

Control Shot 220yds 1 sec shutter f/4 ISO 400

Fenix TK70 220yds 1 sec shutter f/4 ISO 400

Crelant 7G5 220yds 1 sec shutter f/4 ISO 400

Wow! That thing is evil…
Nice shots =)
The Crelant looks like a candle against it at that distance :smiley:

Excellent beamshot comparison.
I think half the headache of taking good beamshots is dealing with my wife.

“You’re setting up your camera and tripod why?”
“What are you doing out there?”
“I just don’t get it”

Thanks for the pics! So its TK70 or bust i guess…

[quote=trooplewis]
Excellent beamshot comparison.
_I think half the headache of taking good beamshots is dealing with my wife.

“You’re setting up your camera and tripod why?”
What are you doing out there?”
I just don’t get it”[/__quote]

*You actuallly did it with your wife around?? You’re asking for it, buddy *8)
They just don’t get it, geddit??:smiley:

Yea this TK70 is gonna throw farther than I gave it credit. 600yds I believe would still be obtainable with this light.

Wow, the TK70 is just incredible! Thanks for sharing these shots with us.

Thanks.

I don’t know where I got all my photography skills, but if you ever need any help just let me know. LOL!

Thanks again buddy.

Thanks! I’d love to see the TK70 against the Thrunite TN31 when you get one. I’d bet on the TK70 but don’t think it will be nearly that lopsided. For its size the TN31 is awesome.

Hey, maybe you could loan your TN31 to him for a few days to make the beamshots heh, heh, heh….

Damn, now I also want a TK70.. what are you powering it with? Ever compared it to an XRE thrower?

Great pictures Brad!!!

Great beamshots! Thanks for your effort!

Makes me want TK-70, even if I know that I won’t need it (or even plan using it for anything else than reference… Just like my TR-J12… Hmm…)

Ps. Rikr: Listing your lights in signature makes searching harder (or even impossible). Would you please change it to picture (or link to a separate thread)? See this thread for instructions.

I picked up my TK70 today and tried out, I have to say I really disappointed…………………
The reason is this only my 4th light since moving to Led but have to say I may not getting any light anytime soon LOL………it just amazes me. Satisfy is the only word I could say right now. Went to the beach just now and played with it for a long time, the premium TENERGY is worth the money and costly shipping as well

Thanks to you that made me decided to get this light after your review. Even it a bit costly not just the light itself but the batteries and charging had to ship from the States back to VN, no place selling them here. Almost 400 bucks but all well worth it.

That may be true, but you got to remember the TK70 still puts out 130,500cd. The TN31 only puts out 75,000cd. So it still wouldn’t be much of a contest. The way it smoked the Crelant really surprised me.

Tenergy D nimh 10,000mah

I think it will hold its own with the Dereelight.

That’s great to here. And thank you.

I’m telling Rick who is on the phone with me now that the TK70 has quickly become one of my favorite lights of them all. Get over the 3lb weight with batteries and you see just what a great bright beam it has compared to other XM-L lights.

And I’ll tell you something else about XRE throwers like the Dereelight. They are one of the best thrower lights out there no doubt especially if you go by size alone. But that beam is all too concentrated like a laser and totally useless for much of what I like in a flashlight to do. That’s why I got rid of mine and traded it for another XM-L thrower.