Compared My Fenix TK70 To My Better XM-L Throwers

Of course the TK70 puts out a lot more light but I was basing that on Selfbuilt’s beamshots comparing the TN31 to an Olight SR90. It might do better than you think. You did say you’re getting a TN31, right?

I told my mom that was light I would want for Christmas. That’s a long way off. And that may change by then.

*Ilikeflashlights:

thanks for this thread. I was thinking of getting these so-called throwers. I already have a TK41, but surfing around cpf and blf wet my appetite for more throw. So I heavily considered getting these throwers. Someone in my place was selling a brand-new TK70 at a very good price. Admittedly I was not considering the TK70 ever since because of its size. But now that I got it, I might have regretted NOT getting the TK70 after this thread. Nice to have guys like you around here…keep it up gentlemen!*

Your welcome.

Glad you bought it. They are too good to pass up even if it is a big light.

+1

You may want to check this out. Two people in this thread are saying their TN31 out throws their TK70.

I’m not so sure the TN31 will out throw the TK70. I can assure you that I doubt very seriously if the TN31 will light up that barn even close to what the TK70 did at 350yds on the same manual settings.

It smoked the Crelant 7G5 and Olight M3X.

Well, Sparkymarky1954 and rufus001 have both lights and they say it does. More light does not necessarily mean more throw.

Maybe you should just order the TN31 and test it. :P

Well my Crelant 7G5 puts out probably close to 58,000lux@1m and I would say it’s safe to say that the M3X is very close to 56,000 lux. And you can clearly see how the TK70 made them look like a old time MagLite. I know all about throw all too well. You got to remember I have some of the best XM-L throwers they make. The TK70 destroys them all at 350yds. Now that would be the exact same at 400yds or 500yds as well. I can’t see a TN31 that puts out in the 80,000 lux range passing the TK70 by too much if in fact that it does. I’ll believe it when I see if for myself where I know for sure.

Really? Why do you think you know better than two people who have both lights (which you do not) and have said otherwise?

Like I said, more light does not necessarily mean more throw.

Well I had a Dereelight, and I don’t believe that it lit the barn up any better than the TK70. That light was useless to me with its pencil beam. And it supposedly is one of the better throwers out there.

And the TK70 supposeldy throws to 700 meters.

It is hard for some people to comprehend this. I done some reading, talking and then by trying out the various lights to understand. The new Lamdalights out throws the TK70 also.

Part of the problem is something that lights up the whole barn at 350 yards is going to seem brighter than something that lights up 1/3 of it. I think that is the main problem here.

That didn’t answer my question.

So your TK70 also throws better than a Dereelight? Were the batteries dead? :smiley:

Throw isn’t about lighting up a barn better. If that was the case, your TK70 would out throw a laser.

Dude,

I said I would believe it when I see it.

How many lights do you own?

You still haven’t answered my question. Why do you think you know better than two people who have both lights (which you do not) and have said that the TN31 out throws the TK70?

He's saying he disagrees with them. Can we please stop arguing.