Comparison Review: tailcapalooza - Solarforce switch extravaganza

willverysoonFoy

I love the foybezel it's stout and it's big not your usual baby fare .. looks better than anything they make

Aaaahhh, I´m a complete idiot, why didn´t I check the measurements before I ordered it

Anyone interested to buy or trade 1pcs S8 + 1pcs S7 (momentary + twisty...)

Are these the same?

http://www.solarforce-sales.com/product_detail.php?t=FA&s=18&id=62

Only 5 of them left...

probably.

Really nice - I think I have toy byu some more things with my blue L2p (hope it will be released asap).

I like to have a few myself. Looking nice but over the price i'm willing to pay for such item. :/ Anything over 6usd for a switch is not really budget.

that's an s3..I have on on my l2p..love it..the s4 has a cigar grip lanyard thing around it..

Indeed it is. I stand corrected.

Much appreciation to you Foy, for this thread and for the very nice photos!

Thanks Foy

S10 $7.50 (comes with the L2T)

- forward clicky

- buff black "HAIII"

- 6061 aluminum

- 14mm boot

- no provision for lanyard

- will not tail stand

Thanks for all you do here Foy! I really enjoy reading your threads on the Solarforce lights and switches. But I have to ask a question regarding the S10 L2T switch. You stated it was HAIII, (I am sure that you got the information from the Solarforce website) but it does not look like it has Hard Anodizing on the switch (Hence the different coloring). My L2T switch does not say HAIII on the bottom looking at the boot. Looks and feels like more of a black phosphate/parkerized type of finish. And what about the Tactical S7 switch? That is a HAIII switch that is a Surefire copy type of switch. Not sure if that fits on the L2T? Any updates on these? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi, I have enjoyed reading the posts and great work Foy.. But my question is what is the difference with the tail caps in amps... what is acheived by having say a 3amp cap compaired to a 2amp cap? or 3 to 5amp?

I currently have a L2 running a no name brand T6 until my Solarforce one arrives..

Thanks Richard.

ri chevy -

My bad for relying on Solarforce's ever-changing specs. No, I don't think it's HAIII. Actually, I don't know what it is. It's buff black for sure but that's just my interpretation of what the finish looks like. They did list the finish as being HAIII but now I see that it does not say that . . . sorry and thanks for catching it.

Foy

No problem Foy. I was just curious as to the HAIII. My stock L2T did not have any HAIII markings on the switch. The Solarforcesales site does need some sprucing up to get the "correctness" in actual terms and verbiage of their lights. Have you tried the Tactical S7 switch? It looks like it is a little shorter, and more of a Surefire type of switch.

No, I don't have the S7 but it should match a black L2P.

Also, I just noticed their site still says the S10 "L2T" switch is HA III and the picture even shows it printed on the cap? If it is, it seems like it wouldn't match an L2T but they list it as an L2T switch.

http://www.solarforce-sales.com/product_detail.php?t=FA&s=18&id=233

weirdFoy

Is the S10 switch a different switch than the stock L2T? I did notice that the website showed the HAIII on the S10 switch. Thanks Foy.

one of my solaforce HAIII switches is soft like butter i droped it 3 feet onto the tiles and it is scratched with a small dent

Maybe gravity down under is stronger.

(tap-tap-tap) is this mic on? can you folks in the back hear me?

youfolkshavebeengreatthankuuuuthankyouverymuchFoy

Does the higher amperage (5A) S7 tactical switch provide any more light to a flashlight? I guess what I am asking is what is the difference between the different amperage switches, mainly 3A versus 5A Solarforce switches? What do the different amperage switches do for a light? Thanks in advance for the help in understanding switches.