Just got my first 18650 light. Came as a set with 2 ultrafire batteries and a cheapo generic 2-battery travel charger. I have no idea if the batteries are charged or not and I've read that trying to run these batteries when they are not charged can damage them so I'm not sure if I should put them in the light and turn it on to see if they are charged or not.
The charger has one light on it and I don't know if it turns from red to green or green to red and what that might mean but even if it does, I'm half colorblind and have a hard time telling the difference between green and red LEDs.
I'm assuming it's dangerous to overcharge these batteries? Does anyone know if this charger automatically stops when the batteries are charged or is there a risk of overcharging them?
I've read that these batteries can be dangerous and I'd rather not set fire to my house just yet so if anyone can give me some basic guidance it would be a big help. Thanks!!
Ok assuming I'm not sure how accurate/calibrated my cheap multimeter is. After charging when matching two cells accuracy doesn't matter as long as they both get the same reading. Did I figure this right?