confusing (to me): new driver@intl-outdoor: Nanjg 105c with wonderful modes

Thanks for the clear answer

I can confirm that this feature works as advertised:

:slight_smile:

damn you ppl :D, I just ordered one to, along with some XM-L2 emitters

Kind of defeats the budget mindset when you have to keep buying stuff doesn’t it? I’ve thought about quitting the forum, just walking away, in the effort to save money. But don’t think I can do that now! I now have chips to solder onto this bad boy when it get’s here…hopefully very soon…and a brand new-as-yet-untried Hakko 888 soldering station to learn how to use. I got lucky, it came with a nice narrow screwdriver tip on it! :slight_smile:

Now if I only had a replacement pill made of copper to complete my HD2010……

Got the drivers, but I also got a serious cold.
So here's the current input on VeryLow and Low based on my power supply QL355 set at 4.200V
Driver1 20mA 64mA
Driver2 22mA 68mA
Driver3 17mA 61mA
Driver4 19mA 63mA
Driver5 21mA 65mA
Chips variations, probably even MCU variations make the small differences.
The best thing is that no matter of the ground connection the drivers do not make a sound (tested with the power supply only). Also the PWM seems to be much higher than the "normal" 105Cs as there is no visible PWM at all, with those 4500Hz and 5000Hz I can see it on Low and Medium if I shine the light at my Nexus 12CM 1000RPM fans in the right angle.

I just installed one today, and it works as advertised.

I installed one classical Nanjg 105C (not from IO) yesterday in X9 and it makes horrible loud high pitch noise in MID mode :(

Thanks for sharing. Did you measure medium and high in that setup too?

That high pitch noise is just sooooo 2012… Qlite is the new nanjg 105c in town… hahaha… :bigsmile: :stuck_out_tongue:

I got my QLite in my HD2010 and it’s totally noiseless. I’m using it in default modes and love it. Dependable, reliable, easy to use and silent. Doesn’t get much better than this!
I need to order more to hug them and squeeze them and pat them and pet them and call them my very own…might even name them George if they continue to be good! :slight_smile:

You're welcome. Yea just quickly at 4.200V, on medium they are about 835-845mA (around there), and high about 2970mA.

I personally do not even need those very low modes, I just want the flashlight only to emit light not to also emit sounds.

I got in some of these drivers. The 20ma mode is PWMed.

Alas, they messed up that 4th mode. The difference between the 20ma mode and the 2% mode (60 ma) is minimal (2 lumens and 10 lumens out of an XML2/3C/T6 led). A mode spacing of 20ma/6%/25%/100% would have been MUCH more useful.

These drivers run at a PWM rate of 18.5kHz. My PWM sensor is detecting a subtle, slightly unstable 17.5 kHz modulation of the output on the 100% setting. It does not appear to be actual PWM, but something seems to be there…

Budget Light Forum is a misleading place… The thought of exploring this place with the purpose of saving some money doesnt apply. :stuck_out_tongue:

What is the lovely light on your left?

Its the lovely T10. The finest host I have ever bought… Certainly worth its price and I would highly recommended it!
http://intl-outdoor.com/t10-18650-flashlight-host-p-604.html

I’ve got one, and another on the way. A very handsome host indeed. Now, what shall I do with them?

Well… To keep slightly on topic… You could use a Qlite in it. Attach say, 3 extra 350 chips, connect it to a 20mm+ sized board and combine with XM-L2 on copper. Cant go wrong with that! Especially not in combination with a high output battery! I might change out the 4A (wannabe) driver that I have in mine with a Qlite… Time will tell…

Edit: or since the heatsinking is good. Use one of those XP-G2 intl-outdoor just got it with 20mm sinkpad. About 3750mA on high would probably make the light into a sick pocket thrower with lots of light! J)
(Just modify the white XM-L insulator…)

(I see you almost read my thoughts while I was writing the edit)

I was thinking, XP-G2 on copper with a 3.0A ramping driver.

Btw… I have a 4A ramping driver in mine now… :wink:
At least ramping is in one of the groups…

Ouchyfoot. How would you compare the T1 (OEM D1) to the Roche lights?

It sounds like we’ve been shopping at the same place. I couldn’t help myself. I had to grab a few of those 3A, 4A and 5A rampers.