Congratulations to thefreeman for his first commercially available Boost Driver

Im pretty excited to see a new NoPWM flashlight option

discussed here, thanks to wolfgirl (SiteRelEnby on Reddit) for the thread

Emisar D3AA (pic from Reddit)

Major respect and applause to Toykeeper and thefreeman for bringing us the first AA/14500 driver w NoPWM and Anduril!

31 Thanks

Congratulations! :partying_face:

Kudos! Can’t express how much I’m looking forward to getting my hands on one. Or, let’s face it, several.

1 Thank

Hold up, i know this thread is about drivers but is that a RED hanklight??? :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

(I know there was the right angle light, and keychain light, but I’ve been waiting for more models)

1 Thank

Ohhh, so this is the forthcoming AA light that’s been hinted at recently.
Thanks and congrats to thefreeman and TK, def looks like it was worth waiting for.

Not quite sure what to make of the Reddit before BLF posting though :smile:

Yes, and the D4K is currently available in Red!

1 Thank

I did not know that!

1 Thank

I just learned that today.

1 Thank

What Aux light color do you think complements red the best? I’m thinking I might go Cyan since Green is too Christmasy and Red it too one-note (also lower efficiency).

1 Thank

Cyan sounds the best to me

1 Thank

RGB
word on the street is that button light can be RGB, (as are the Aux)…
pending confirmation

1 Thank

I saw RGB as an option but I wasn’t sure if it was a settable RGB or the Blinky RGB.

I think Reddit is sort of the Home Room forum for Hank… he even has his own subforum (which Ive avoided, for budgetary reasons… lol)… Actually, I just find most of his lights too big and heavy, for my personal preference in small lights…

Im a little disappointed that the D3AA seems to be as large as an 18650 Zebra or FW3A… otoh, Im a big fan of the nice and slender, Emisar D2 (but it cant do AA)…

otoh, the AA option has the benefit of being able to use batteries that fare better than LiIon, for a Car Light. See what I did there… lol… I just found a perfectly reasonable justification… buy a D3AA as a Car Light… lol (the AA headlamp im my car, does not have Anduril) …

the excuses will continue, until the Buy it Now button is found

good point… hopefully we shall see, and be pleasantly surprised, soon :wink:

4 Thanks

Will there be any documentation available to those who would like to port non-Anduril firmware to these new drivers?

2 Thanks

Thank you :blush:

Hmm, I don’t know, I don’t think that’s for me to decide, but there is quite a bit of info from the hardware specific anduril code in any case.

13 Thanks

This is extremely cool to see!

Congrats to thefreeman & TK for their contributions to the hobby and I hope this is just the first of many future offerings like this!

Apologies if I’ve missed it - will this work with different chemistries? I’m still looking for my ideal dual-fuel AA light to leave in the car with a NiMH cell but can still take a LiIon when I want to carry light in the pocket (pun?)…

I’ve been itching to find a quality, efficiently-driven small light and I keep finding little things here & there that just don’t quite scratch it.

4 Thanks

Yes!

6 Thanks

Is there a link to this new driver that explains its specs / functionality? TIA

1 Thank

Thank you!

Looks like a LOT of the boxes I’ve wanted checked in a AA light are getting checked with this one, and it’s a Hank, to boot!

2 Thanks

Oh snap that’s you? Congrats

I won a free hanklight in a giveaway on that sub lol. It saves you money!

3 Thanks