【convoy】M21H bezel available now

Is there any benefit to choosing a 519A in an S21A over a B35AM? I imagine B35 is preferable for it’s higher output and more efficient / better regulated boost driver.

More throw, possibly? Or if someone ends up preferring the tint of the 519a, especially with the ease of dedoming.

I’m contemplating getting one just as a reason to have a green S21a (ordered the B35am in purple and the CULPM1 in the S21B)

@delta_V, nice.

You know what’d be awesome though? A triple/quad 519A setup in series in combination with a boost driver.

I would honestly salivate at the idea :slight_smile:

BTW, I have a question.

Have the new AR lenses on Convoy lights improve the tint offset? I’ve heard that Simon changed them recently, so I’m wondering if they all apply to new lights :stuck_out_tongue:

We take host s12 and an 8 amp driver

Is that feasible?

Eh, it probably is.

I don’t care too much about the cost, so it would be awesome to have it as a powerful primary light with top tier color rendition, tint and efficiency that can even rival the LH351D.

Edit: Clarifying the thing about rivaling the LH351D.

I meant it in the way of efficiency :stuck_out_tongue:

Color rendition is decently close, but tint is basically dependent on your source and price.

Based on the testing from people on this forum, it looks like the 519A would be around 85% of the lumen output of the LH351D on 35% mode (5A driver).

Would be better with a boost driver, a buck will fall out of regulation at some point, and rather early for that one because of the high current and because the buck converter used is not capable of 100% duty cycle.

Multi LEDs lights from Acebeam an Olight use boost drivers, it just makes more sense.

Edit : Ah I see the S12 is a triple not quad, maybe that why a 3V configuration was prefered since that avoided making a 9V boost driver, instead of using a pre-existing 6V or 12V one.

That would be cool, I assume it’s possible to get a 2s2p quad mcpcb and then run with one of the existing xhp70.2 6v drivers.

LH351D has some of the worst tint. Unless you shave the dome, all LH351D have green tint.

Unno, all my ’351s aren’t bad at all. Sure, when hunting white walls, there’s definitely an above-the-bbl hue to it, but nowhere nearly as objectionable as, say, my old Quarks and whatnot. They’re certainly not rosy, but nowhere approaching objectionable.

That said, I don’t have anything with a GTFO40 or 519, etc., to compare with, so maybe “I just don’t know what I’m missing”, but…

Not so sure of that, I have some very neutral LH351Ds 5000k and 5700k in lights from Convoy, Emisar, and Kaidomain. They also have far less green tint shift at lower brightness levels than SST-20s. Maybe you lost the tint lottery!

The LH351Ds I’ve gotten from Simon and Digikey (dogfarts and the one just under that…R-whatever) are really nice. The ones from Sofirn (last few years) have just a tad of green to them but it’s not bad at all. I’ve heard that the ones from KD are a poor bin both in output and tint, but I’ve not seen any of those in person. I have an unknown one in a cheapie light and it’s not great…still a great emitter but that one is both colder and greener. Just depends where you source them. I mean if you’re stuck on rosy, then no, probably will never be the emitter for you.

Only some models currently use light green coated lenses

LUMINUS told me that SST10 660nm LEDs are in stock.

The SST20 would be better, but I would buy a couple either way.

@simon, which lights use the light green coated lenses?

I’m on the fence of purchasing the B35AM version of the S21A :stuck_out_tongue:

@Simon

Any plans to incorporate the XHP50.3 HI? Everyone seems to be using the SFT40 for their throwers now, but it’s only available in cool white.

The 50.3 HI is available in a ton of color temps AND high CRI, though it requires 6V or 12V for anything but 6500k. I think a 4000-5000K 90CRI XHP50.3 HI would be a big hit in the M21 series.

I would love to see the new XHP50.3 HI available,

only red coated lens for S21A currently