Convoy Aliexpress stores -- what a searchbar mess

It has been pointed out that it is hard to actually find the “Convoy flashlight Store” on Aliexpress. Really hard. Like if you advise a friend to buy a Convoy, they will never, ever find it.

I just went to Aliexpress, and searched for “Convoy M21F”

The first page of 69 hits were as follows, in order of first appearance, with number of listings on the first page ( )

• Convoy Lighting Store (x 11)
  • Convoy LED Flashlights Store (x 17)
  • Convoy Torch Store (x 11)
  • Convoy Online Store (x 9)
  • Convoy Factory Store (x 10)
  • Livolo Switch Store (x 3)
  • Convoy Light Switch Store (x 5)
  • ROFIS Store (x 2)
  • Lifebeauty Store (x 1)

So my question is, how do you have an entire page of 69 listings under the search “Convoy M21F” and not get a single, solitary listing from Simon’s actual “Convoy flashlight Store”?

Does Aliexpress somehow ban the “Convoy flashlight Store” listings from its search bar? Seriously, it has to be an overt, conscious programming to keep “Convoy flashlight Store” from the search hits.

Does Aliexpress charge stores a fee for inclusion in a search? Does Simon not pay the fee?

If somebody asked you for a recommendation for a light, and you said – “go to aliexpress, and get a Convoy M21F.” …

What are the odds that person could follow your advice and end up buying an M21F from Simon? LIke… zero?

4 Thanks

I went to the mobile app, searched for “Convoy M21F” and the first one on the list was from…Convoy flashlight Store!
Same thing as in the website, first result is from Simon’s store.

1 Thank

I did the search twice. That list of 69 was the same both times. I’m on an Apple Macbook Air using Google Chrome as my browser. Are you searching Google, or are you searching within Aliexpress in the search bar at the top?

I have the official store bookmarked.
https://convoy.aliexpress.com/store/1100591265

1 Thank

[quote=“raccoon_city, post:4, topic:216963”]
I have the official store bookmarked.
[/quote]. my point is… what if you didn’t have the store bookmarked?

PS, redid the search a third time within Aliexpress. Got the same 69 hits again… none from your bookmarked store.

1 Thank

Yep, I realize it’s a real problem.
(That’s why I have it bookmarked.) :+1:

do you have any ideas why the situation is like this?

Sorry, I don’t have a clue. :man_facepalming:

1 Thank

I wonder if store 1100591265 is excluded from searches on my computer with my browser?

It’s not just you.
I’m on a desktop, and did your search (Convoy M21F) on AliExpress, and the official Convoy store (Convoy Flashlight Store) did not show up on the first page.
(I didn’t bother looking at the second page.)

I did the search directly on the AliExpress mobile app and on the AliExpress website, using Chrome.
Both returned the same results, being the first a flashlight from Convoy flashlight Store.

Try and clean your cache or cookies for that site, if possible, and also on the mobile app, in case you use it.

1 Thank

my results show as a single file list, not like your photo. strange. I am logged in to Ali, so maybe that causes the problem. I will log out, then do the same search.

edit no, didn’t work. Logged out, went back into Ali as an unknown visitor, and got the same search results.

why would my cache affect a new search I’ve never done? I’ve never searched for Convoy M21F before.

1 Thank

mascaratumB – I notice the URL in your address line shows a search in aliexpress wholesale. (aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-convoy-m21f.html

My address bar shows https://www.aliexpress.com/premium/convoy-m21f.html?

AliExpress has some weird stuff going on with their search.

When I use the AliExpress app to search “Convoy M21F” all the top results lead to items sold by “Convoy flashlight Store”. Same thing with Chrome on my PC.

But when I used a different browser on my phone to search exactly the same thing, AliExpress served up an endless scroll of crappy lights.

This happens to me when I click on “orders”.
Maybe you can click on “Best match” and see what happens!

I did the search for ‘convoy m21f’ on the ali app on android. The first item was from the official convoy store. Simon’s convoy dtore is one I have saved onSli as a favorite so no matter how/where I can easily find it IF I am logged in.

In the address bar I go to convoy.aliexpress.com

3 Thanks

The Aliexpress search engine is simply a disaster. Hard to find things from any store. But I have had the problem with finding something specifically from Simon’s store as well.
I have no clue as to why it works like it does, but I do know that it is just hosed in general.

there search is so bad it HAS TO BE FOR A REASON

random bad programming could not make it so terrible

1 Thank

that is probably going to invoke the customer-hostile WORST MATCH!!