convoy bd01 on sale

Interesting!
Did you send one for testing yet?

do you want to take one for testing? :slight_smile:

I’ll do my best!
You’ve got a PM.
Cheers

Now THAT is interesting!

interesting driver , i would like to see if we can add more 7135s.

Another review of BD01.

LED shelf looks very thin…

Wow…not a bad looking 26650 thrower

But boy howdy does that driver look like it has some potential…plenty of acreage on the board

not to mention comfychair already did one heck of a mod on it

One thing I notice…the switch is a side clicky…not a momentary…interesting

oh an those two 6 pin IC’s look like the TP4057 setup, the TP4056 is a an 8 pin SOIC like the attiny

I saw that same type configuration on the Xtar MC1 when mine kept snapping the micro USB connector off the board and I had to modify it (and I think on some of the lower revision Miller 102 chargers as well)

Dipper BD01

27,59$ with Code blf.

XM-L2 U2 & a terrible UI :frowning:

Does Convoy have any plans for a MT-G2 light yet? I got money burning a hole in my PayPal account waiting for such an announcement.

at least 3mm thickness,friend

$34.88 is after discount?

$34.88*(1-15%)

Hi Simon, I think the LED shelf is better not to be anodized.

It’s a little too late to do anything about that, don’t you think?

In the grand scheme of things, having a DTP copper star is more important if you are going to overdrive the led, because you need to pull the heat away from that die junction, and one you get it past that thermal bottleneck, the surface area of the copper star will will push it all into the aluminum shelf, anodized or not.

TL;DR: Unless you are pushing your emitter to the extreme of extremes, it won’t mater.

+1

Maybe it’s never too late because what I ask is simply removing the anodizing on the pill surface, that’s it! It is not major design alteration after all. :slight_smile:

Anyway what you said about the anodizing layer being irrelevant to heat transfer might be correct as well, and I do remember I have read similar discussions about this in other BLF threads. What I suggested earlier is simply a “just to be sure” thing lol. We have seen a lot of integrated pill design like this without the anodizing on the surface, and this is what makes me think it is doable.

you’re right ,it will be improved next batch

next year

Sounds great, any details? Pre-orders?