Convoy C8 Mod - The WOW Factor

The type II. The older type I (if you can find one) had a screw-in pill.

A cheap crappy clone C8 will likely have a featherweight Al pill. The ones I got were able to perfectly accept the brass C8 pill that FT sells.

Yes, what Lightbringer said. The current Convoy C8s have an integrated shelf, as you can see here:

Lighted switches arrived today. They work perfectly in my moded Convoys, even with bypassed springs.
The switch is much brighter than Astrolux S3 and S2. I made a photo, but donā€™t know how to attach it here.

You can buy one of the red ones here. lux meter - Buy lux meter with free shipping | Banggood Shopping .
You can find them in eBay too perhaps cheaper.

I recommend this for how to post pictures (go towards the end for the latest info): HowTo: Adding pictures to posts.

Glad your lighted switches worked!

Thanks Theodore41, I appreciate the info.

NeutralFan would you mind putting a list with linked all parts for your mod? ā€™Also price for the mod. Thanks

Driver

LED

Host

AR coated lens

Thanks.

Very good write up NeutralFan!! Thank you sirā€¦ā€¦. :slight_smile:

Great info & great pictures.

Thanks for your assist DoNkEyConN. :+1:

Total costs is around $35.

Also, I used a neutral white XP-L HI, so this would be the closest available now at MTN: CREE XP-L HI V3 3A LED on Noctigon 20mm MCPCB.

Teacher, thanks for the compliment.

Anyone selling modded Convoy C8ā€™s?

Iā€™m not into building lights yet, I donā€™t need another expensive hobby.

I am an avid outdoorsman and gun nut. I like budget lights that outperform the expensive name brand stuff.

I am looking for long throw lights for night hunting. I purchased an Odepro kl52, and an Orion M30c and they both work pretty well for my uses, but they are a little big.
I am looking for something with as good or better throw, with a smaller head.

You can pretty much get the same modded Convoy C8 that I made with the Astrolux C8 Flashlight: [Review] Astrolux C8 Flashlight - Compact Thrower.

It may not be as much ā€œfunā€ as building your own, but it appears to be a great flashlight.

Very nice build! Simple, clean and really bright! Great job!

See also the Sofirn C8T.

Thanks WarHawk-AVG.