Convoy c8 xpl-hi driver change

If have a new convoy c8 xpl-hi 1a light if i change the driver to an fet driver will i see a big change.

Yes as long as you have a half decent battery.

Does not depend on the bin of the led, too? Had a new c8 version with fet no more than 81,000 CD, an XPL-HI U63A, original about 60,000 CD, looked a little brighter but not so much, greetings

Not that much difference. I made a C8 with FET and the same binned xp-l hi as you. Got a little less than 120kcd if I remember correctly. So you probably didn’t use a battery suitable for that kind of current. Or the focus was really messed up.

Make sure it came with a copper MCPCB, bypass tail switchs spring, use a high drain battery, you should see about 5.2A current draw for 1,400lm and 110kcd

Not sure what you’re getting at? If you get roughly the same Kcd numbers with a driver that pulls 4.15 amps and a FET driver the problem isn’t with the LED. My FET C8s with xp-l hi varies from 5.7 to 6 amps.

So again, the problem lies with the battery, driver or focus.

The bin plays a small roll but when you take a led from 2.8 amps to 5-6 amps the increase is very noticeable. There is something wrong with your set up if you don’t see much of a difference. Maybe bypass your springs.

Here you can see the difference between the U6 and V3 bin. The difference is small and the V3 can produce 130kcd in a C8.