【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Stack an R050 on top of the R010 in the 6A driver to hit 7.2A, that’s almost the sweet spot of the SST40 (lumens/watt).

i will let manufacturer to produce AA/14500/1634 driver with biscotti clone,
it has memory,

The driver detects the temperature of the PCB board instead of the temperature of the host. In addition, because the heat transfer speed of the PCB is slow, the situation as described by you occured.

it’s sst40 with 6A driver ,it’s twist

Huh?

0min to 9min the LED is just heating up, getting less efficient and throwing fewer lemons. That’s perfectly normal. Especially only 3600 to 3400 or whatever.

At 9min it looks like a timed stepdown to 50% from 100%. Is that what you’re irked by?

That or “Oops, things are getting too hot, throttling down to 50%” (thermal) stepdown.

Ie, it may be “thermal” stepdown, but not running closed-loop. Ie, it doesn’t seem to be throttling down only enough to keep the temps in a safe range, but immediately kicks down to half-power to keep things from frying.

At least that’s what I’m seeing.

According to your standards, this is indeed a failure, or you can say that this temperature control is not humane.
If you think I’m saving costs, I don’t have to argue. After all, people have different perspectives on things, and the most ideal state is that everyone agrees.

If you think that I am deceptive, I object, and I may not explain the temperature control clearly enough.

A flashlight cannot satisfy everyone’s needs. For example, you prefer a flashlight with a longer brightness time, and the temperature represents the temperature of the flashlight head. I can design the corresponding flashlight according to these requirements.

Zabacha, is that you, Zero Air?

Your (temperature) measurements are inaccurate,

You might want to do some research before posting your prejudices and false accusations, since i have done those tests and wrote that review

That’s sad. I’m a big fan of push pull zoomies.

Agro, actually, it’s still push pull, but instead of back and forth you have the right and left :laughing:

:slight_smile:
But I can’t do a full zoom in a split second.

I bet the zoom function, even if it’s twist will be really smooth, unlike some cheaper zoomies that you have to manhandle or seem like they’re going to fall apart. I expect nothing less from Convoy. Plus, what other zoomie has a sst40 amd 6A driver that will probably have Biscotti-like firmware?

Good afternoon. I read a lot on this forum and watch a lot of videos about flashlights, I am subscribed to YouTube channel for many users. I really miss the many knowledge that you have, I have little. I had to read unpleasant moments here, and I will say a few words, I must.
I received the M26C SST40 from Mr. Simon, and it began to burn dimly the next day. I made 4 videos, in these videos I swapped the heads of the lights, and sorted it a bit, checked it. When Mr. Simon looked and realized the problem, he sent me the track number. Within a month I went to receive the package. Was there a driver in it? diode? driver and diode? No!
There was a lantern in the package ... Mr. Simon wrote to me that he cares about his products and that I have no experience, and he solved this problem in his own way. Of course he watched the whole video, and he acted generously. I have heard of such examples; I am not the only one. Apparently there is a case with one in a hundred, when something refuses to work. I am grateful, and bought after that event a lot of Convoy. My favorite light and sst40 driver. I am waiting for a new driver and will order another Convoy M26C XHP70.2, Mr. Simon announced a month later.
zabacha, my father told me very, very long ago that a fool is a fool today, and tomorrow he will remain a fool, and a drunk man is a drunk today, and tomorrow he will be sober. I am very glad that you have the second option.
I hope they understand me correctly, I use a translator. Thank.

I’m going to use that one whenever I buy a flashlight I shouldn’t have after a drink or four. :smiley:

привіт!

Welcome to BLF Aleksei, your translator worked well, hope mine did too!

I don’t think it is Zeroair. He has a BLF account with his usual username, although he is most active at the reddit flashlight subforum, and the writing style is not like Zeroair, and Zeroair did not complain about the regulation in the review he published.

Zeroair does his runtime tests with a fan blowing on the light. The result looks as one would expect for a light with a step-down with strong cooling - once the temperature threshold is reached and the stepdown occurs, the blowing air brings the temperature down again.

Your measurements, meanwhile, seem to show the step-down level is well chosen, as the light stays at a fairly consistent temperature after the stepdown.

It seems clear to me the light does not have PID or other active thermal control, but uses a stepdown. The output appears current-regulated at least at the step-down level. I haven’t looked at this light in detail, but I don’t see anywhere Convoy has given false impressions about the 4x18a. It simply does not have the newer 12 mode group firmware that some of Simon’s newest lights have, which seems to have more advanced temperature control.

I’m wondering why this…um… reflector is black, instead of white?

It’s not a reflector, it’s likely part centering ring, retaining ring, etc.

It’s supposed to be as black as possible (go over it with a sharpie, carbon-black, etc.) as to reduce/eliminate nasty artifacts in the beam.

Here I was thinking I’d have to report posts.

Simon doesn’t have to explain anything to anyone. If he wants to make a product that throttles early to operate at 80% so it’ll go easy on the circuity, then that’s his choice. Go and look at most any car manufacturer; car engines are detuned to increase reliability and longevity.

Don’t like it, don’t buy it, or make your own.

Back on topic - Simon, do you have a model number in mind for the new light?

For the benefit of any new or non-members who might come across this thread, Simon Mao from Convoy has a well established reputation here for quality, honesty, and just being a nice guy. That doesn’t mean his products are perfect and that you can’t discuss their flaws, but there’s no need to jump to accusations of dishonesty in two posts.

Thanks Simon, I’ve wanted a AA boost driver with Biscotti-style firmware for quite a while.

As I understand it, your new Biscotti-clone drivers don’t use ATtiny MCUs and the firmware was written from scratch to duplicate the functionality of Biscotti. If that’s the case then I suspect it may not necessary for the firmware to be open source. However, since the UI is based on ToyKeeper’s open source firmware I think it would be a really nice gesture if the Biscotti-clone was made open source too.