【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Nah, the tech is cheap. Or rather - it could be cheap but with their high-end implementation it’s somewhat expensive.
But lawyers add to the price too…

Just look into the company - they buy IP, that's what they do, and they brag about it. They are bout as sleezy as they come. But of course if they want to give me a couple to test, I'll me more than happy to do so

some photos of the zoomable flashlight sample

Very nice Simon!

Much as I don’t really go for zoomies, I kinda dig that. Would be great to have a play of it with various emitters and see how it goes. I wanna put a 319A in a zoomie for that hex die :smiley:

Edit:: that looks 26650…

Is that a twisty or a push-pull zoomie?

Simon

You mentioned the 4x18A a good candidate for the SBT90, any chance for producing this?

twisty

I try to make a sample first ,
What is the maximum current used for SBT90 on the forum? I recently made a drive sample of 18A current, which was originally used for 3 * SST40.

25A or so is roughly the max. As long as the driver has an output channel of a simple high performance FET, it will be fine for the SBT90.2.

PS: was really hoping for a e-switch though

20A+ for SBT90.2...

Yeah, like TomE said, e-switch would do a magic in all setups.

Is the collar some kind of TIR optics, just turned around?

20A exactly would be my sweetspot, I would be hesitant to go for absolute max and rather go for 90%. Very bright anyway, I assume much better for led lifetime, and certainly more efficient.

I’m also quite interested in this new AA/14500/16340 driver.

Simon, could you please clarify a couple of things:

• Is the new AA/14500/1634 driver available with the Biscotti clone (Biscuit?) firmware, which means memory can be turned off?
  • Does the new AA/14500/1634 driver with four modes (1–10–35–100) have memory, or does it always start in low?

I’d like to put this driver in a T2 host with gChart’s booster tail - it would probably become my default gift flashlight.

Sounds perfect to me! I would be more than happy to review a sample :wink:

I dunno the details but basically it's a small reflector with a large center hole, but I don't think the reflector curve is parabolic - not sure, others know more. For mounting it, focus is the issue. Getting the focus, meaning distance off the LED, is important to get the max out of it. It's mounted upside down over the LED to capture the photons radiating outward, and bounces them back onto the LED surface. There's some good tech info on them here on BLF, this is just what I think I know offhand.

Thank you, Tom.

Actually this page shows how it's set up and mounted: https://meadowstar.com/technology/rlt-inside/, the diagram on the right entitled: RLT INSIDE BASIC ASSEMBLY

Nice! Like the sst40 or XM-l2. Hopefully sst40 and your 5 or 6A driver. Is it telescope or twist?