【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

damn, sounds like i need to buy a 4x18a sbt90.2 before the driver gets a thermal stepdown LOL, i for one am glad it doesn't have it. Then again, from the perspective of a reseller (and liabilities concerned) i get it.. then again, just sell the light with a Warning. NOT for the Casual User!

This is cheap light, please do not expect everything works fine.

Well, I disagree. This may be the cheapest SBT90 light (or, at lest, the cheapest multi-cell one), but it is the most expensive Convoy light. I can forgive somewhat wonky ramping speed and long pause between changing regimes in stepped mode, but temperature regulation is stated in specifications and it is important for such high-powered led. I am also extremely disappointed because I have ordered this light 2 weeks ago and it will arrive soon. I will consider opening a dispute on Aliexpress if this will be confirmed.

I disagree as well. Convoy is the Chevrolet of flashlights. Inexpensive, no frills, and super reliable. If I had to pick one light for reliability, it would be Convoy. I like electronic switches, but I would not trust one with my life.

Opening a dispute for a perfectly working flashlight? That sounds a bit extreme.

Lets have a little look at what the store page says shall we before you think you’re entitled to opening one.

“The flashlight has low voltage protection and temperature control protection.”

Nowhere does it say that it has thermal protection based on a thermal sensor limit. The timed step down is still considered “thermal protection”

Therefore you have no ground to stand on for a dispute.

I’m a little disappointed, but it’s an incredible light for the money and opening a dispute for the above reason is ridiculous

I’ll still be purchasing more of these, I’ll just advertise them with a little caution.

Ther is no reason this should cost more than the 4x18A which is $65 with coupon.

Hi Simon, I bought my L7, I can’t wait for it to arrive, I ask you how long do I still have to wait to have a 3x21A with SBT90.2?
Thanks for your amazing products.

Higher material cost maybe.

It actually works fine and handles the temperature well. If you use it as a flashlight outdoors, as it is intended, it will not get hot. Even in 30 degrees with no moving air it gets uncomfortable to hold, yet not dangerous to burn. At the same time it is not stepping down agressively and gives you quite a lot of light, which is the main pupose. And finally - you always have the option of manually decreasing the level if it is uncomfortable hot for your hands. If I have to compare, I had Thrunite Catapult V6, which was reaching this temperature in test for the first 15 minutes (its rubber cap of charging port also opening), and if you test Convoy L6 under these conditions - it will get much hotter.

It still needs tweaking so that it doesn’t exceed 60°C though

Thank you very much for your video, -I didn’t make my meaning clear, sorry. Let me explain my doubt in another way, that is, why do users need this feature?
For example, beacon, its brightness is not high, it may not be easy for people around to find it and fail to reach the warning effect.-
I found the answer from Lux-Perpetua’s reply.

TURBO does not need to work for a long time. Its main function is to make people around you exclaim “WOW”. Is my understanding correct? :smiley:

Yes, in stock ,parcel will be shipped in 3 days generally

The brightness of SST70 is low, but its advantage is that it has better light-gathering performance.
It is difficult to design an excellent 3*SBT90. 2 driver.

Thank you very much for your reply

Does anyone has issues with Sft40? Mine with 8A (modded 6A) driver has a black dot on the emitter but still lights up. Thanks!

The cost of producing this large-sized flashlight is relatively high. If 3X21A is popular, I will provide the SBT90. 2 version in the next batch.

Burned?
Is there any photo?

I plan to print an anti-scalding logo and precautions on the head of the flashlight in the next batch.

I think it’s not burned, seems like the ‘die’ is died. My phone camera can’t take clear photo when the emitter lights up. The arrow shows the died ‘die’ position.