【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Ah, although I prefer the more neutral tint of the PM1, I am impressed with the NM1 due to running at only 5A compared to 8A. Convoy’s 8A driver uses a timer instead of a thermal limit which can be a bit of an issue. I haven’t run a runtime test yet, but I expect it to get toasty. The NM1 on the 5A gets roughly 3 minutes before settling at 40% with still over 1000m.

The L21A gets a much, much longer run at the 5A though.

One slight concern is Convoy’s 5A driver seems to be running at 5.7A, instead of the rated 5A. The old version had a R1010 sense resistor and the new one has an R1020. I tried measuring amps at across the LED wires, but ended up shorting it out and frying the driver lol. I doubt it’ll be over 5A though, and if it is I think it’ll still be okay

Oh, S16.

Hi Simon, can you make L6/L7 with CULPM1?
2km thrower is great.

@id30209,

How did you order the S16 with SFT40? I could not find any link in Simon‘s webshop. Is it a custom built version? I would be interested in buying it, too. :-)

Oh ok. Thanks.

Ordered SST40/8A and sent a note to Simon to place SFT instead and voila

The reflector of L6/L7 is not big enough to make CULPM1 reach a range of 2KM.

when the SFT40 is available ,i will add a link

2021/7/6
GT FC40 High CRI 3000K-3200K available now
GT FC40 related products

May not be exactly related… But it seems there are sometimes slight changes in Convoy’s driver.

In particular, I’ve ordered the Convoy S2+ SST40 at different times.

The earliest S2+ SST40 (“5A driver”), I measure around 4.4A at max brightness (tailcap current, using UT210E ammeter)
(the driver-head spring is thinner and is spring-bypassed)

The next revision S2+ SST40 (still “5A driver”), I measure around 4.8A at max brightness
(the driver-head spring is more straight cylindrical shape, thicker than the first version, not spring-bypassed)

The latest S2+ SST40 (still called “5A driver”, I think), I’m measuring 5.2-5.3A at max brightness.
(the driver-head spring is sort of “trapezoidal” shape, similar thickness as the second version, not spring-bypassed)

Since I don’t have a light integrating device, I just use a lux meter and ceiling bounce in a small enclosed room to check the ceiling bounce lux. And the tailcap current does correlate to the lux. (All of these are the S2+ SST40 “4-mode” driver)

My guess would be 1.6km or 1.7km.

I’m not sure of the reflector sizes but just going by the bezel diameter (and reviews on 1lumen):

• Noctigon K1 - 72mm - 600kcd - 1549m
  • Maxtoch X Pro - 78mm - 783kcd - 1762m

The L6 is in the middle at 75mm.

These are both with the W1 (CSLNM1.TG). You might get a bit more with a Boost HL (CULNM1.TG).

How about a single 21700 host with a head as big as the L6 with the same reflector? L21C? (Or maybe even bigger than L6)

yup, that's the way it works with Simon, he's really good about it. When SFT40 is back I'll prob pickup that s16 or the m2, or maybe the m4. Thanks for sharing id30209

I have been very interest in Simon making a light like you explain there:

single 21700 host with head as big as L6 (or even a little larger) Honestly I would say make it a single 26650 with 21700 capability, so it looks more proportional. I like the "L21c" or even a "L6s" or "L7s" for "short". Oh, and of course for it to run the osram led's

I Like the colors idea, so if you have multiple lights with different leds, you can distinguish them with a different color :) just my 2 cents

Simon, what do you think about the brightest green thrower flashlight in the world?

LED: OSRAM OSTAR® Projection Compact, LE CG Q7WP

• output: 900lm - 1.590lm @ 1.400mA input current
  • radiating surface: 1,55mm x 2,55mm
  • peak wavelength: 520nm (converted green)
  • typical forward voltage Vf: 2.95V @ 1.400mA
  • max. input current: 5.000mA
  • projected output @ 5.200mA: 2.700lm - 4.770lm

Possible driver:

• How about a 15A (or even 18A) constant current driver, i.e. three LEDs in parallel connection?
  • thermal regulation @ 55°C
  • UI: same as 3X21A SFT40 or 4X18A SB90.2 but with some improvements (see my suggestions before)

Possible host:

• 3X21A with triple SMO reflector (max. output would be at least 8.000lm or up to 14.000lm, depending on LED flux bin)

Actions required (from my point of view):

• price ratio and availability of LED to be checked
  • gaskets/centering rings would need to be redesigned
  • correct alignment of the LEDs on the z-axis to be checked ("how deep in the reflector hole will the LED be?")
  • reflector geometry would need to be tested once again (maybe no changes necessary?)
  • driver from 4X18A SBT90.2 might suit well here?

For reference, the design of Convoy's 3X21A SFT40...

Datasheet (in Mandarin):

https://dammedia.osram.info/media/resource/hires/osram-dam-15551339/LE%20CG%20Q7WP_CN.pdf

LP- whoa. I like it !

I need to ask about the cost of the LED, and the MCPCB needs to be redesigned.

Thanks for evaluating this idea. I really appreciate that. I made some additions to my post, maybe you can check again. :-)

This LED would probably fit nicely into a single LED host (S16, M21C, L21A/B), too.

Simon will M21A come out in same colors as C8+?

It’s difficult to order this model. I’m considering getting GETIAN to produce similar LEDs.
The structure is the same, and I am asking about the parameters of the chip.