【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Thanks Simon,

40, 100
70% only

That would be great. Anyone else on the forum care to comment?

i think an option with 70% would be great. I was quickly scanning the conversation above and looks like it will help with heat and battery life with little visual difference, that sounds like all positives to me! I would appreciate a mode with 70% in it.

i like

40%-100%

70%

Yes, no problem. When the LED is available, I will add a link.

Would M21B with SFT40 be possible, too? Is there any big difference to S16 in size? I feel torn between buying another M21B or the new S16. What do you recommend more, Simon?

I have been having convo on Reddit with blf member who helped me determine between m21b and s16 bc i don't have either. I'm going to go with s16, because it's smaller and the blf member says throw is great with 8amp and sft40.

Approximately how good is the throw?

Thanks Artie! :BEER: The S16 looks really sexy with its stainless steel bezel. If it's even smaller then I'm all in for buying this one. I wish there was 5000K tint available for SFT40. According to the Luminus datasheet they theoretically do offer 5000K but I guess we just need to wait and see.

I have both M21B and S16. Both are similar in size but S16 looks a bit more pocket friendly.

Throw with SFT40/8A is magnificent, just wow. Although my M21B is SBR90.2 converted, smaller die on SFT and 8Amp will give you more throw.

Oh and my M21B reflector is OP where S16 has SMO

Update: SFT40 looks quit good on 8A, slightly pinkish i would say but if possible to get bellow 6000K it would be even better

PS: If Facebook is right then HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIMON!!

LP, this is who I was talking to / getting advice from! lol.

thanks id30209!

happy birthday Simon!

Simon, seeing if you can post the link you said you would be adding in our PM today, for the s16? Thank you!

Thank you id30209 and Artie. This is very valuable feedback to make the right decision. :THUMBS-UP: As always, the only right decision is buying both models, though. :D

生日快乐 Simon! ^:)

Happy Birthday Simon, How many candles are you blowing out this year?

[quote=Lux-Perpetua]

As always, the only right decision is buying both models, though. :D

[/quote]

I really like this 2x 26800 L6 idea. I prefer my L6 as a 3x 26650 light as it balances better in the hand. It just needs a full e-switch driver.

In other news, I just happened to measure my MiBoxer C4-12 and I think it might just be able to fit 26800 cells as the slots are quite long. I don’t have any to test fit though.

Same charger, have the cells...nope, not even close. Cells measure 81.2mm and that's about 8mm too long for the max-max the slots can take.

Slots on mine measure about 79mm…

]

why only limited the options ?
like ok i like 50% or 70%, but still i would want the lower ones also like 10%, so why not instead of 70% only, make it 10% 30% 70&

and instead of 40% 100% make it 10% 40% 100% or make 10% 50% 100%.

Agreed; I would prefer more low modes. If you want less max current, you can use a lower current driver or change the sense resistor.

i don't know if you were following the discussion from the beginning , but it were about how flashlights in generals and Convoy flashlights lack the middle modes, so we have suggested to simon to add more options to the groupes in middle, he were saying its for the naked eye its hard to distinguish between the middle like (50 or 70 ) and 100%, and we explained this is the point of it, for the eye its not different, but for the battery and runtime it does matter, it will make longer runtime and less heat, then he suggested he will add another 2 modes to the groupes (40%-100% & 70% only).

so i suggesting the previous comment

My goal is to have modes added that would be useful for throwers in real world usage that will extend battery life, provide good thermals while still providing output that is sufficient for searching or hunting.

I sell thrower flashlights (L21A, C8+ and now the L21B) to hunters who use these lights for extended periods of time. They need a simple UI.

If you want to shoot at something in the night you cannot risk having the flashlight turn on at 10%.

The suggested modes of

40, 100
70% only

should achieve this. I am happy if Simon can add these modes.