【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Poor Simon……he can’t even get 10 models released and sold before he needs to build twenty more new models! :slight_smile:

He’s got to be the busiest flashlight manufacturer of the whole bunch - and good-natured about it to boot.

Hello, anybody have beamshots of the M21e xhp70.2 ?, I’m torn between this and the M21c-u :slight_smile:

Little up of my question. Simon or anyone can you tell me is that normal for XHP70.2 to have some yellow marks on spot. I don’t have any another XHP70.2 to compare of it. It is very odd and don’t know is the LED whether defective or reflector is not very good for that diode.

See my picture and it is very ugly. Also I can try to swap my FC40 in M21C and try to compare of it. I bought XHP70.2 12V to try it with FC40 driver.

I think those artifacts might be from the middle section of the four emitters inside one XHP70.2 dome. It isn’t that bad than in the original XHP70 because voids between emitters are filled with phosphor, but it isn’t perfect either.

Thanks for perfect answer :+1: . FC40 have perfect spot in my M21C and M21B. This is my favourite high power 7070 LED so far.

That is correct. In the first gen XHP70 the beam center is dark. In the XHP70.2 the phosphor covers the gaps between the die so the beam center is yellow.

[quote=
See my picture and it is very ugly. Also I can try to swap my FC40 in M21C and try to compare of it. I bought XHP70.2…[/quote]

Thank you icpart, i mean side by side beamshot with some range, bout the yellowish spot i also experience it with my s11 xhp50.2, no problem in real use. There is xhp70.3 HI come to existence i believe…

There is always beam artifact in quad die emitters when used for very close up use. However in the real world, quad die emitters tend to be used for more long range use where the artifact is not visible.

Does anyone know if the new T3 works with FT or BT?

My 219c T2 from Sept last year seems to be BT only

Thanks of all of your answers guys :innocent: I will try to make some beamshots but I don’t know to which flashlight to compare M21E. Any idea about that. Most of my lights are with OP reflectors if this have any sense. I have M21C not U varaint. But mine is with FC40 not XHP70.2 and OP reflector. But from two of them I can coclude that M21C is more thrower compared to M21E. It have good central spot. M21E have very good stable output at 40% and flashligt body is only little warm. Also M21E can be used in tactical mode. I tried to use my tailcap from M21C on M21E and its work. If you choose any output with M21E when you turn off light with tail switch and turn it on again M21E will work similar to Convoy L6 driver. Seems that flashlights share similar firmwares. Also yesterday i tried little lego with M21B and M21E battery tube. I used M21E tube on M21B head and tailcap. Mine M21E is raw Al color and M21B look very cool with M21E body. If Simon make M21B with knurling from M21E it will be awesome.

Thanks icpart,Looking forward to the beamshots,i wonder if different diameter of led opening (a friend says m21e have 9,xmm ref hole, maybe somebody can confirm) results in different beam angle.

And good to know that they’re lego each other…

If memory serves tungsten is a very hard metal and therefore quite difficult to machine. That’s not to say it’s impossible but there would be an added expense over just the cost of the materials.

Copper by itself is also @#$% to machine (I know this from experience too), and so they don't work with raw copper in machine shops. They chose some alloy with certain impurities of other metals, impurities which improve the machinability of the material.

In practice there would be no problem with tungsten too, the same would apply. It basically is about going for it or not.

Would know if new T3 12 group driver support 0.1% mode
and if is ready to buy alone.
The T3 price a bit expensive

Yeah I want a few of those new AA/14500 drivers too. I don’t think he ever posted what the 12 groups are on the new driver, since it wasn’t going to have the lowest mode.

7000 lumens I’m not sure if this is lab data.
This LED model comes from a packaging factory in China.
For the packaging structure and chip performance, I need to get to know it better.

The white light emitted by a light-emitting diode, which is a mixture of blue light from the chip and yellow-green light from the phosphor.
When you look closely at the structure of the xhp70.2 package.You will notice that there is a lot of phosphor on the edge, and the yellow-green light does not mix well with the blue light.The yellow-green spot in the middle is also due to this reason.

What’s ft and BT?

13 groups, to be exact.It uses better chips and is more efficient.
4 modes driver has 75% efficiency max
However, the maximum efficiency of 13 groups was as high as 90%.

Option 1 (normal-flash 1 time + buzz-flash): tap the switch to enter into sub-option to select the mode group,If the user has no operation, the config mode will enter option 2.

——————-sub-option 1.1 (normal-flash 1 time) : tap the switch to select mode group 1 (1%、10%、30%、100%)

——————-sub-option 1.2 (normal-flash 2 times) : tap the switch to select mode group 2 (1% 10%、35%、100%、strobe、biking、batcheck)

——————-sub-option 1.3 (normal-flash 3 times) : tap the switch to select mode group 3 (1, 10, 35, 100 ,this group is the same as the first group, in the next batch this group will be deleted)

——————-sub-option 1.4 (normal-flash 4 times) : tap the switch to select mode group 4 (100%、35%、10%、1%)

——————-sub-option 1.5 (normal-flash 5 times) : tap the switch to select mode group 5 (1%、20%、100%、strobe、biking、batcheck、sos)

——————-sub-option 1.6 (normal-flash 6 times) : tap the switch to select mode group 6 (1%、20%、100%)

——————-sub-option 1.7 (normal-flash 7 times) : tap the switch to select mode group 7 (100%、20%、1%)

——————-sub-option 1.8 (normal-flash 8 times) : tap the switch to select mode group 8(1%、10%、50%、strobe、biking、batcheck、sos)

——————-sub-option 1.9 (normal-flash 9 times) : tap the switch to select mode group 9 (1%、10%、50%)

——————-sub-option 1.10 (normal-flash 10 times) : tap the switch to select mode group 10 (50%、10%、1%)

——————-sub-option 1.11 (normal-flash 11 times) : tap the switch to select mode group 11 (20%、100%)

——————-sub-option 1.12 (normal-flash 12 times) : tap the switch to select mode group 12(100%、20%)

——————-sub-option 1.13 (normal-flash 12 times) : tap the switch to select mode group 13(100%)

Option 2 (normal-flash 2 times + buzz-flash): tap the switch to active the mode memory or inactive it,If the user has no operation,flashlight will enter into the last mode.

battery-check instructions:

<2.95V 1 flash,

2.95-3.25V 2 flashes,

3.25-3.55V 3 flashes,

3.55-3.85V 4 flashes,

>3.85V 5 flashes

Notice that there is no battery-check function if flashlight is powered by the 1.5V battery

13groups driver for T2/T3