【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

There are small blue spots and small yellow spots in the whole light spot

The cost of copper has risen sharply this year.

How about Ti then? Ever considered?

Yes! Titanium S2+

Oh, a Ti s2 would really look nice.

I would buy a couple!

I’d definitely be in for Ti.

Copper T3 for around $50? I would be down with hi CRI of course.

Tungsten can be a nice metal for some special series. Features good thermal and electrical conductivity, and can be “colored with a blowtorch”. This means it would be easy to make each and every unit customized and unique:

It's very dense, and so the flashlights would qualify well as tiny anchors. :-D

As materia prima it is inexpensive. O:-)

Hi! I have 2 questions if you don’t mind:
-Does the GT-FC40 fit well and give a nice beam in a C8+/M21A?
-What are the reflector opening sizes at the led side of the C8+/M21A and of the L21B?
Thank you!

The thermal conductivity of titanium alloy is relatively low.

uh,i only have 22mm driver and 30mm driver for GT FC40 ,it can not be installed C8+/M21A

Thank you Simon!

When will the SFT40 LEDs be available to order again? Went to order 6 but there is no add to cart button.

I like that idea. I would like to see / buy that.

It’s a trade off. You sacrifice thermal conductivity but gain durability and light weight.
The C8+ Ti would be the hot rod of its times, for me.

I admit it would be a tank. Probably not something you would carry in the jeans pocket. Maybe the T3 in tungsten.

I understand some of you like the titanium idea, but its thermal conductivity kind of sucks. Its price right now is also two to three times that of copper according to this Metal India source. No further comments.

Back with the tungsten thing, I see some of you complain about the weight but in practice I hardly see that as an inconvenience. Really. One of the main problems concerning what we carry in our pockets nowadays is more about size (can be a @#$% to crouch or jump with a hulk of a smartphone in your pocket) than weight, at least in my lightful opinion. But of course this is another story.

Tungsten can be given colour by quenching or tempering it. I'm no expert in this, although you can take a look at this video where the guy gives a small tungsten weight a dark violet color, for example:

In a factory, though, finished flashlight hulls could be inserted in furnaces, heated to specific temperatures between 1000 to 2000°C or around (1832 to 2864°F) O:) and then quenched somehow in or with oil or water. Depending on the heating temperature of each run and how the quenching is done (sprayed water, etc.), the tonality or color-scheme of the hulls should vary. This could really be an appealing thing if properly done.

Some commercial tungsten alloys here at Mi-Tech; the number has to do with their approximate density in g/cm³.

So it seems like Simon had finally run out of sft40… the one in my cart disappeared today and all models are gone.

Simon have you looked at the SFN55.2. It’s a 3 volt up to 30 amp LED, claims around 7000 lumens. Looks like a good one for you L7 light.