【convoy】convoylight.com ( Credit card payment is available )

i think 3030 MCPCB is more suitable

Yes, but regular 3030 does not have the right offset to focus well in a TIR.

Remember that the die is off to the side, so the pads also need to be moved.

I need to think about this, after all, 21700 is the mainstream trend now.

6 Thanks

TIR on it? What is the angle of the light? bead or frosted?

With it comes to high CRI applications I consider reflectors in general to be inferior in mixing the beam to produce the intended color. As NeutralFan above pointed out, these emitters could work wonders in a TIR setup, like the S21D! The beaded TIRs should eliminate the unevenness completely.

For evenness I would guess that the SunLike emitters would be better than Optisolis: despite both having 2 dies, the SunLike dies are centered in the package, while the Optisolis is not.

This is amazing! What triple PCB are you using? And as Simon asks, what TIR are you using?

The problem with Sunlike is the significantly lower max current IIRC. The optisolis beam works very well if the pads are offset the right amount.

The Optisolis 5000K is rated for 23lm typical, while there’s a SunLike variant rated for 112.5lm typical in 5000K. Hopefully they can be overdriven to similar amounts, in which case the latter should have much more output. But we wouldn’t know until someone gets a sample of the SunLike…

IIRC the 757gt optisolis can be overdriven to around 250lm, while maintaining good tint.

I’m not sure how good the tint is on the Sunlike, but in general I am not a fan of the tint in Seoul emitters.

Yes! The Optisolis 5000K peaks at 281lm (more than 12x rated output!) under test conditions, and should easily sustain 200+ in real use. The SunLike probably won’t overdrive by the same factor, but even overdriving 3x would yield more output.

I don’t have any experience with Seoul emitters, but from maukka’s SunLike tests, the 3000K and 4000K variants have negative duv, while the 5000K never exceeds 0.0026 at any drive current–that’s less green than the D50 standard. Or sunlight.

As long as it doesn’t lose its CRI as its overdriven … since that’s whats interesting about this emitter.

I have been wanting to mod one of my D4K with B35AMs! I would love to get one of those MCPCBs, if you still happen to have any left?

D4K and D4S are different sizes sorry. Also not the right thread for it :wink:

You are right, sorry, I got so excited, I read over the ‘S’ in D4Sv2.

I am very excited for the prospect of a Convoy with quad B35AM. I would particularly love this as a headlamp.

is the tint of seoul sunlike greenish?

I have an Acebeam H60 (discontinued) with 8 x Sunlike emitters, it is pretty green.

uhmmm, Your reply made me instantly lose all interest in sunlike.

7 Thanks

From maukka’s test the 5000K low power variant sustains a CRI above 98 all the way to peak output at 500mA, so hopefully that’s a non-issue. But yes, you have an extremely good (and often overlooked) point.

I suspect it’s possible that Acebeam went with a bin that is greener than usual, perhaps a high flux bin. The test of the SunLike emitters conducted on BLF indicates neutral to negative duv 4000K and below, and mildly positive (never exceeding 0.0026) 5000K and above, which is consistent with the reconstituted daylight locus being greener than the blackbody locus. Though of course it might be an anomaly due to small sample size.

Though on the other hand Nichia is generally known for good tint, so maybe Optisolis is the safer bet. It might be interesting if you could request a small sample of this SunLike variant and see how it does in both tint and output. My main interest for SunLike is that they have more CCTs to choose from, and that it might be able to handle more power.

Ok, this will make me still have some expectations for sunlike, so as not to lose confidence completely.

1 Thank