Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

If you don’t mind ,what they offer you?

Full refund and I can keep this one, or they send me another one.

:+1:

Nice resolution, way to stick with it and nice help thijsco/vw! :wink:

I forgot to thank you guys telling me what to do!
Cheers! :beer:

I’m going to repair and heat treat this L2 from the bezel so the tailcap will be black and it has a nice smooth color change from tan to black. And put in a fet driver and an SST40 and a lighted tailcap.

Zozz I’m glad to see this situation worked out well and Gearbest stepped up and handled things properly. :+1:

I assume pictures of your modded light will show up in the L2/L6 modding thread :innocent:

Yes. Now I want to measure and make beamshots from it in stock form for the google tables and after the parts arriving it will get TA driver and SST40 and some heat coloring for the host.

Hey, hope this ain’t a “duuuh…” question, but the L2 normally takes a RC tailswitch, right?

I just got the 20something buk special from GB, and I was tickled that it came with a FC switch… only the driver is kinda obviously the same UI as those with RC switches. Hitting the damned strobe at inopportune times is the biggest giveaway.

I mean, hey, my existing shelf-queen L2 is really only for when my C8s don’t have enough “reach” (which here in the city, ain’t often), so I’m okay with swapping the driver for a simple 3A buck driver like my F13 has. (Well, no, as that’s 22mm, not… 20mm?… like the L2 uses.)

So… am I going batty? Does the L2 normally take a RC switch like I seem to recall?

For some reason I was thinking it was RC as well, but I had only night a couple before and it’s been a while. But I just got one (a host) for myself last week from Richard and it’s definitely a FC.

I’m gonna hafta unbox my L2 and try it out again. I’m in the middle of trying to organise all my hosts, complete lights, and complete lights to be gutted for hosts, and it’s a bit tedious to get to those goodies at the bottom of the boxes. It’s an archæological dig and I’m not in my Louis Leakey mood…

I don’t have an L2, although I might get one when the new clear model is available.

But it would make sense to have an FC. The main advantage of an RC is more elegant mode switching, while the advantage of an FC is momentary on functionality. If you are using an e-switch for mode switching anyway, might as well use an FC to get momentary on.

Yeah, but the L2 is a single switch setup. It’s the L6 that’s dual switch.

The L2 doesn’t have an e-switch, so using an RC is the more acceptable switch if using a reversing UI like the A6 or Bistro. And a reversing UI makes sense to preserve cell life in those emergency situations where it can be critical.

The L2 comes with an odd FC, have to do some modifying, more or less creative adaptive effort, to put a Mini Omten in one, but to me it’s always been worth the effort.

Whoops… The L4 and L6 both have e-switches. Was thinking the L2 did as well for some reason.

Any news on the clear L2?
You cant tease us like that and leave us hanging :smiley:

Simon’s been getting a lot of positive feedback, pretty sure he’s going to run the clear machined finish. I think jdub is working on something to get more feedback before Simon proceeds.

The clear machined finish L2 beside a few of my scratch builds, with a bead blasted clear L6 behind them…

:heart_eyes:

Yes sir…I sure am. :wink: I will announce “something” today. No we’re not going full production just yet but it sure seems likely. Look for a new thread from me sometime today.
Dale, that sure is one gorgeous collection my friend. :+1:

Is the new finish relatively easy to do now that the process is sorted?

I’m a bigger fan of the L6 than the L2. So if he does a run of the L6 in that finish I’d sure buy one.

In the Christmas theme. :wink: