Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

Maybe they searched your photos on the phone and showed you similar things you can buy on AE ;D

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

But here’s the real question: Why do I not see them??

Back to the original topic (tempting though the other topic is - I think - haven’t seen any pictures YET :slight_smile: I like it just fine the way it is now so I will order a host and use it with a XP-L HI or XP G2 dd @ max amps.
Driver will probably be LD-2.

Grtz
Nico

My main consern about the new L2 is the weight and i wish for its future revisions to see it like 300grams
A highly modded XPL V6 1D dedomed Yezl Y3 ( with a DD driver ) gives 210k mcds, this one is hard to beat: and it has both tail and side switches

yes, Y3 has issues: not so good build quality as Convoy flashlights, thats why i put so my hope in the upcomming new L2 but its annoyced weight is a real issue even if someone plans to build an MTG2 based or XHP50/70 flashlight

a Foy bezel.

I still don't see the girls, have been back a few times just to check.

Might just be mobile?

Anyway... The new L2 has similar head dimensions as the DST. It just needs to be driven a lot harder than 3A or that extra mass seems like quite a waste. Love the asthetics.

Mitko, maybe off topic, apologies… is the tint significantly better on the dedomed XP-L 1D vs 2C. The 2C tend to sometimes go greenish and quite yellow…

Huh? The host? Is it already available?

And the girls? Definitely only on mobile site/devices.

He doesn’t have the host listed yet but I did ask him when it would be available. As soon as I have a response I’ll let you all know and the link will be added to the OP.

It is a heavy sucker no doubt. I think he said 51r grams. Simon himself said it was too heavy. Actually he said it was “too heady” so either he this it’s not as balanced as he’d like and has too much weight in the head…or it was just a typo. I have a feeling in the next version he may try to cut down on the weight a bit. Personally I’m not all that concerned about weight as others have pointed out that is one big old heat dissipating chunk of aluminum. I’ll let you know how it feels when I actually have one in my hand.

I agree with you. In fact I sent your comment word for word to Simon. I even quoted you as “a very prominent BLF member” :smiley:

Yep, complete light and host on their way to me, just got the shipping notice/tracking number from Simon! :wink:

Since Simon has made tubes for the S2+, maybe he can make a 2 cell tube for this if we pretty please him enough? As for the reflector, maybe we can find a OP on Kai Domain that is close. If it is too short, we can always stack some copper under the MCPCB.

I meant to ask him that last night. I liked the idea that was mentioned about just having a 2 cell length tube better than an extension. I should be talking to him again tonight and I’ll ask. Combined with an OP reflector that would be a sweet host for an MT-G2 or XHP setup. :beer:

Please just don’t take the SMO reflector away… Thus, I hope we’ll have an option between SMO or OP.

Already listed but not in Aliexpress.

The SMO isn’t going anywhere. I think it’s primarily only the people using MT-G2 or XHP emitters that would want them just to hide the crossbar in the beam pattern. Not all of us can afford those and some would choose a single die emitter anyway. I myself would like to see what kind of throw I could get from and XPL-HI pushed hard with a smooth mirror finish reflector and a good AR lens. That’s another thing I’d like to see on this. A nice crystal clear AR coated lens is a must for this one IMO. I’ll mention that to Simon too.

Ofc it is, its ….above 5000k dedomed, one of the best tints arround- i mean V6 1D from IOS, as you know different batches could differ each other, so you can try it out- especialy now its 3.5$ on promo :slight_smile:

Personaly i do prefer C tinted emitters cause mainly i use my throwers for hunting, and this as you know means the warmer: the better

What about these dedomed?

Cree XP-L V6-0D 450LM 7000-8000K LED Emitter $3.87

Cree XM-L2 U2-0D 320LM 7000-7500K LED Emitter $2.64

Cree XM-L2 U3-0D 320LM 7000-7500K LED Emitter $3.13

Cree XP-G2 S2-0D 148LM 6500K LED Emitter $1.58

Thanks Mitko

Has Simon said what batteries will fit? 26700 KK?