Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

Got a L2 Host today… from Da’Man!

:heart_eyes:

I like the tanned short tubed L2. Hope Simon decides to sell it soon.

Any details on the new L2 as far as emitter, driver etc? Has the reflector been redesigned? What’s the difference between the L2 and L2 2?

Simon is knocking it out of the park, can’t wait to get my hands on some of the improvements that are being made. :slight_smile:

Unbelievably, I do not have a desert sand anodized light in my collection of lights. Not a one. Gonna have to fix that….

A little mix up with black and tan…

All Tan looks great with the tactical ring in the short version :heart_eyes:

Hmm a L2 TN42 style reflector….big visual difference between the old and the new style reflectors.

Waiting on some parts before I build the host in a couple different LED and battery set-ups.

Interesting, I wanted to buy an L2 since a long time… now the new model came out :slight_smile: any news about what is different from the old model? I have checked both on the official convoy store and from banggood, but nothing is written in the description.

In particular, I wanted to get one for a xhp50.2 build (or maybe even xhp70.2)

Of course, let’s keep us updated if there are any deals :wink: for example I’ve seen a code to preorder the sand/clear version on m4dm4x’s website

At this time the L2 being sold is the exact same one that has been avaialble for the last year or so just in two new finishes. Desert Tan and clear anodizing. The clear L2 has a more raw machined look than the S2+ and C8 clear because with the L2 there is no bead blasting done prior to anodizing so you can see the very fine lines from the machining process.

The new style reflector you see in KawiBoy’s picture is a prototype I had sent to him for testing. They are not avaiable for sale and do not fit the current L2 host without cutting the shelf to fit. Somebody didn’t realize he wasn’t supposed to post pictures of it yet. :zipper_mouth_face: :disguised_face:

:person_facepalming: I didn’t think of it as a Top Secret Convoy Prototype, the way I see it is what so secret about another no shelf, open bottom reflector like my M25C2 Turbo which is about 3-4 years old, Thrunite TN42, Catapult V6, UTorch UT02, Astrolux MF02 and modders home made cut off bottom no-shelf reflector “Variants” ? That Convoy might come out with something like this? Why would that need to be a secret, it is already out there being used by many manufacture’s??? Why not Convoy? :+1:

My bad, I guess, but like you said it will take opening up the shelf for a 32mm board, plus the 32mm Copper DTP board, better fitting centering ring to the LED, tighter fit /closer tolerance of the reflector at the bezel end to control centering and that will drive up the cost.

Oh, I see… thanks for the info :wink: I think I’ll just go for the black version then

Still hope for more power L2 from Simon from the new reflector may be something new inside :wink:

Hey guys :smiley:
2x liitokala 26650 will be good for this light ? (https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/HK-LiitoKala-Lii-50A-26650-5000mah-26650-50A-Li-ion-3-7v-Rechargeable-Battery-for-Flashlight/32790517311.html)

Not for 2S, I had to solder blob the 4 I bought.

Little magnes in between will do the job in 2s configuration?

They are great batteries and produce a lot of power. You do have to solder blob them, though (the cyan and black).

They also have a new blue 5100mah. Some of them have raised ends, some don’t. It’s a bit of a lottery which one you’ll get.

Keep in mind that the last time I ordered from that store shipping took 2 months to the US (from Turkey). :confounded:

If you are in the US you might also consider the Shockli 5500 mah from MTN. Shockli 26650 IMR 5500mAh
They have raised ends for series use and are quite powerful as well.

This is dangerous and adds a lot of resistance.

I did film me adding solder blobs if your interested in doing it yourself.

Videos

Thanks JasonWW ! I will do the blob :laughing:

Does the New Silver Convoy have the hole on the center head like the old?

hope will be flat this time

It varies… the last 2-3 I had were not as deep. I just mix up a small dab of Alum-Fast, flat blade it and stone flat.

Wait, what? Kawi, do I get this right? Your holy lights are all stoned?

:person_facepalming:

I always thought it strange that they were rated at 420 lumens