Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

Simon is really slow to accept change, even if there were a LOT of requests he’d probably balk or at the very best it would take him a couple of years. :wink:

I’d hope not. For a long time Convoys were the de rigeur awesome lights to get. Newer mfrs are kinda leapfrogging over them in droves now.

Yeah, Thorfire updated their S70 UI over a year ago, while the L6 still has the original.

Now Sofirn wants to make an “updated L6/S70” with 70.2, SMO reflector, a lot more power, slightly bigger head, better UI, etc…

I love my modded L6, but it needs a real update, not just a new color.

yes,but my L2 request was just a small upgrade,a bit more of machine the part of head where sit led board and driver

Just to be clear, Sofirn picked up the Kronological BLF K70, it’s not anything to do with the L6, not an update or an upgrade or anything else to do with the Convoy L6. Just wanted that to be clear.

I don’t think they “picked up” the K70. They are sharing zero parts.

They just want to make a light of their own in the same basic size and style of the K70, S70 and L6.

The reason they posted in the K70 thread was because you have a lot of people already interested in that style of light. They got much more interest really quick as opposed to just starting a new thread and having people slowly find it. That’s all.

The L2 is in need of modernising to keep it relevant. A well driven Xhp35 hi version would be good.

The L2 WAS recently modernized with the offering a machined finish that looks awesome. Also the option to have ToyKeeper’s abbreviated Bistro firmware that she wrote explicity for Simon, known now as Biscotti.

A good looking nice performing flashlight at a decent price point remains relevant regardless of what direction the industry is taking. The XHP-35 is over rated, with the XP-L HI being able to out throw it and come close enough to it’s lumen output to keep it real. No fancy boost drivers required.

Biscotti on the L2? It uses an LD29 buck driver.

I think people are forgetting that Simon has a wholesale business. Given that his retail pricing doesn’t undercut his wholesale customers, I’d figure that his wholesale business is important.

Some of his most visible wholesale customers (Banggood and Gearbest) seem to actively resist newer UIs. Banggood and Gearbest only sells the S2+ with the 3/5 firmware, even the more recent sand and silver lights that Simon sells with Biscotti as the stock firmware. All but one of Bangood’s C8 XP-L HI listings are for the 3/5 firmware, as are all of the XM-L C8 listings. From a quick look, Gearbest only has one Convoy C8 XP-L HI, and it has the 3/5 firmware.

Clearly, his wholesale customers aren’t embracing existing Convoy models with UI changes (they do sell the C8+ with Biscotti).

I guess I haven’t bought a built L2 in a while, usually get hosts from Simon and build them up however I see fit at the time. The last one I bought fully built was a single 26650 light that didn’t have the buck driver…

Like you Dale, I’m not a fan of the extended size 2S L2. The single cell 26650 just fits right in your hand. I have been building dedomed XP-G2 for my friends and getting 1000 plus meters of throw. With the newer ones we play the “tint lottery” but I just unflow the terribly green ones and throw them out.

Nice to know that, would be better with 2 tube like the L2 for versatily.Do you have link of this new Sofirn L6 style light?

Here is the link.

:person_facepalming:

There are right reasons for buy the L2 from Simon’s (better quality host?) instead banggood?I look that comunication is better with Simon’s but I need only the flashlight no extra request and BG offer fastest ship

Communication, and you directly support Simon mostly :+1:

You also get to tack on accessories if you want with your package.

that’s true :wink: but the stock quality of the host are the same or Simon’s often better?I had not great exp.with BG (cheapo lights) on the past, but if the supplier is the same of Simon…don’t know

They should be the absolute same quality host.

thanks friend,maybe later for extra parts will ask to Simon.Will get stock light from BG

Of course, communicating with Simon costs him time (=money) :slight_smile:

His wholesale business is clearly important (he certainly never undercuts them). He’s a great guy, and I think he likes hearing from enthusiasts, but I really doubt buying a Convoy from Banggood isn’t taking food out of his kids’s mouths.