Convoy L6. Why no branding?

It sort of bothers me that the L6 is produced with no branding at all. This is a torch that has caught the attention of thousands for its quality construction and High Power Lumens output. It is a milestone in high power Budget desirability. Yet, no laser engraved CONVOY branding.

I have noticed the Convoy branding on a few of the other models, but none on such a FlagShip model as I believe the L6 will come to be known as. Why such sporadic application of the branding “Convoy” across the various models of these torches? Some yes, others not

I guess that the no branding, in my mind, leaves open opportunity for any other China workshop to pick up and start producing clones of the L6. That is fine with me, as it happens to other branded lights right down to the counterfeit labels they bear. But, at least I’d like to know that I had the original high quality controlled production lamp that is NOW being produced. This only seems achievable if you buy early in the production stage.

So, I guess I contradict myself knowing that even with a branding on the now L6 productions, it could easily be copied by any other in the near future right down to the branding label it bears.

I guess it could boil down to having no real pride in your production when you assign no brand name to the finished item. Sort of makes one feel that “anybody” could have produced it. Cheapens it to a generic status IMO. And with no legal copyright, trademark, etc existing in China, I guess it is silly to even wish for such a thing. As always, YMMV. :slight_smile:

Buy early. Failing that, buy from a reputable source.

Its actualy great that it has no label, i realy hate labels……

OT.

I dunno about US cars but here in EU if you order a Audi or BMW,Mercedes and you want “no label”/model info on the back of your car it would cost you aditional 150-500 euros

It is the same with the L2, I dunno way.

I like this clean look but at the same time I don’t mind a branding.
I think if Simon would do it the right way it doesn’t conflict with its beauty.

Yeh, but Audi & BMW have only ONE manufacturer. So, I guess it’s just a personal issue. :slight_smile: Each to their own… :smiley:

I can hear my old man now when I was a kid. When he purchased something in the days after WWII without labeling… I can still hear him under his breath……“No name, no blame” :wink:

20 minutes and a couple pieces of waxed dental floss is how I remove model info from the back of my cars.

so who are the authorized sellers? I’ve seen it on gearbest and aliexpress.

So, why do you think some bear the Convoy branding while others do not?

Authorized?? With China, you will never know. Could be anybody.

I have done it this way too. An easy problem to solve (a heat-gun may be needed).

All hosts should be unbranded imho…

If I finish that flashlight I want my brand and it is not problem to pay 5$ for laser engraving.

That is of course if we order small quantity(1-5pcs) that are available in all kind of flashlight shops …

If you order more than 50 most companies will put your logo on them for free.

It could be Spiderman special edition light… With spiderman logo for example… Or any other cool stuff you can think off… :slight_smile:

What I was trying to convey is totally lost when you buy only to finish and put your name on it and then re-sell for your own profit. Time honored quality control through a trusted manufacturer and brand name is what I was shooting for. It just doesn’t seem to exist with what we are importing through the China connection.

Sad for Simon’s role as I see it. I always thought he was the man behind the proverbial curtain for Convoy. But apparently, this is not so.

Don’t get me wrong, I like what we get from China and I love my L6. I would simply like to know who it is and where they are that produce the “Convoy” line at all phases of production.

So I see I’ve beeen missing the “big picture” here. China produces in mass quantity to sell to the masses and re-sellers so that they may put their own brands on the item. Much more profit in multiple sales.

I’m just too nostalgic for my age I reckon…not that it’s a really bad thing. :wink:

Carry on my friends… :slight_smile:

I am pretty sure I don’t want any of their silly names on their flashlights… Better to sell them without any laser engraving than with name I don’t like… They all tend to copy USA brands anyway…

Well… At least not from this China manufacturers - The great list of "****fire" Flashlights.

CONVOY is the only name I refer to. IMO it is a great name for a brand of torches.

“Streamer” TX 6 logo would be even better :wink:

Jax X6 copy = the S70 with a e-switch and you have the Jax Z1 copy = the (Bombetta) Cometa :smiley: Branding didn’t help much there now did it? I’d rather have it clean and unbranded myself!

Ahh,*** The Dreamer and ***The Dreamed. So rudely awakened by Commerciali$m.

note to self: do not wear heart on sleeve

Is there a flat spot on the L6 for a brand?