Convoy L6. Why no branding?

Authorized?? With China, you will never know. Could be anybody.

I have done it this way too. An easy problem to solve (a heat-gun may be needed).

All hosts should be unbranded imho…

If I finish that flashlight I want my brand and it is not problem to pay 5$ for laser engraving.

That is of course if we order small quantity(1-5pcs) that are available in all kind of flashlight shops …

If you order more than 50 most companies will put your logo on them for free.

It could be Spiderman special edition light… With spiderman logo for example… Or any other cool stuff you can think off… :slight_smile:

What I was trying to convey is totally lost when you buy only to finish and put your name on it and then re-sell for your own profit. Time honored quality control through a trusted manufacturer and brand name is what I was shooting for. It just doesn’t seem to exist with what we are importing through the China connection.

Sad for Simon’s role as I see it. I always thought he was the man behind the proverbial curtain for Convoy. But apparently, this is not so.

Don’t get me wrong, I like what we get from China and I love my L6. I would simply like to know who it is and where they are that produce the “Convoy” line at all phases of production.

So I see I’ve beeen missing the “big picture” here. China produces in mass quantity to sell to the masses and re-sellers so that they may put their own brands on the item. Much more profit in multiple sales.

I’m just too nostalgic for my age I reckon…not that it’s a really bad thing. :wink:

Carry on my friends… :slight_smile:

I am pretty sure I don’t want any of their silly names on their flashlights… Better to sell them without any laser engraving than with name I don’t like… They all tend to copy USA brands anyway…

Well… At least not from this China manufacturers - The great list of "****fire" Flashlights.

CONVOY is the only name I refer to. IMO it is a great name for a brand of torches.

“Streamer” TX 6 logo would be even better :wink:

Jax X6 copy = the S70 with a e-switch and you have the Jax Z1 copy = the (Bombetta) Cometa :smiley: Branding didn’t help much there now did it? I’d rather have it clean and unbranded myself!

Ahh,*** The Dreamer and ***The Dreamed. So rudely awakened by Commerciali$m.

note to self: do not wear heart on sleeve

Is there a flat spot on the L6 for a brand?

I like a good clean brand telling anyone that see’s it that it’s a genuine article. I feel like Simon does a lot of work on these, it shows, it should carry his Convoy name with pride.

If I finish a light, or modify one, it’s not MY light to begin with, I only modded the real deal. The same as if I put a new engine in a car, the original manufacturer still designed it, tested it, built it…

I might put my initials as well as Wights and TK’s on a light I mod, showing who modded it and who supplied the high tech parts.

I’m old school enough that I too feel someone didn’t care, didn’t bother to sign it. My nice new Convoy C8’s plainly show where they’re from, but I don’t recall any other of my Convoy’s stating the name. Odd, isn’t it?

I pointed this out in another thread the other day - why the L2 and L6 don't have brand labeling. It kind of bugs me - just reminds me of a generic brown box product - no one cares enough to put an ID on it, yet for Convoy/Simon, it's far from the truth.

Maybe he's got big OEM deals goin on, so it's more convenient making them all this way. For me, the labeling on a good product only helps in advertising, and anyone impressed by a light will have a picture of the light with the logo stuck in their head, and they just might google it by name and order one online.

I usually don’t mind names or logos as long as they are not gaudy, I a proud to own Convoy lights and would actually prefer having Simon’s logo on them, An exception would be “UranusFire”- I’d rather not see that name anywhere at all :wink:

Phil

I am under the impression that non-branding is a way to produce a product that in the future may be picked up by big brand names such a LL Bean who will then put their brand name on with a price increase too.

Most on this forum could easily identify a light even with its brand name removed. It is ‘rookies’ that need the comfort of a brand name. :slight_smile:

Maybe they Simon only names the C8 because there so many different versions and companies that make C8s? I think the S2 is also named? Once again probably because so many different versions around?

I only just noticed my L2 doesn’t have any logos lol Except the box!

Wow, I haven't been called a rookie in 42 years, or maybe 250 bought lights, and a 80 mods ago . I don't need the label to identify it, but most people I show the light to would like to see what to call it, so maybe then can buy one themselves.

Calling Tom a rookie is kind of like calling the sun “new” or the oceans “shallow” :smiley:

I don’t hate labels, but I canceled buying flashlights several times just because their ugly label :smiley:

For most of our species 150,000 years of existence it was not until the 16th century that we figured out the relationship of the sun to Earth. What is ‘new’ is relative. :slight_smile: