Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

I ordered a cheap light meter from ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/161411064045?\_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Basically just to see, relitively speaking, the output decline as the battery depletes on the L6, and my other flashlights as well. I’m nowhere near an expert, but it would be nice to know how well my flashlights maintain their output during discharge of the cells. This light meter may be a peice of crap for all I know. But it’s better than nothing

i just saw this light on gearbest for 52.98 usd is this possible to be the real thing ??

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_360866.html

I bought mine from them a couple weeks ago when they had it on flash sale for $49.59. J-dub has confirmed with Simon that Gearbest is selling legit L6’s, he posted such earlier in this thread.

FWIW, mine has a very faint, very high-pitched whine, only in mode 3 (second from highest). Only audible with no ambient noise, and when light is close to my head.
I’m not too worried about it - given the high frequency, I probably won’t be able to hear it at all in a few more years. :smiley:

Just saw this in Simon’s shop :

I like the design, if it’s flexible like it looks to be, it should fit even the thickest 18650.

A couple of protected 3500mAh NCR18650GA should work pretty well in this lamp while we find a good source of protected 5200mAh 26650 that fits.

I’m running out of excuses not to buy this lamp … :smiley: :smiley:

Just take the ThorFire 5000 mAh protected 26650 tested here:

I have two in my S70 and they also run fine in my L6. Decent cells for a good price.

K.

Are they handle the L6 with resistor mod about 6-6.5A without the protection kicks in?

They are indeed flexible and they make a really nice snug fit on an 18650. The material feels somewhere between hard plastic and rubber. Whatever it is it seems just right to me. Put two on each cell near the head and tail. I don’t have a lot of use for such adapters but these are the best I’ve used. I like them much better than the tubes that always seem to rattle around too much. Interesting story about those being listed. The Miller sent Simon a message asking if he could buy some extras because he liked them so much in his BD01. Simon offered to send him a bunch for free but The Miller insisted on paying for them so Simon listed them in the store the next day. A very Simon-like response to a customer request. :slight_smile: :beer:

I was busy all weekend and haven’t been online much but I’m happy to see such positive response to the things Simon is doing. Plenty more cool stuff on the way. :+1:

Received mine this weekend and am using the Thorfire 5000 mAh 26650s. They fit great. This light feels really solid and the machining is great.

Anyone tested the lumens output on the cool white and neutral white? Just found out about this light and want to pick one. Will try neutral white as long as it’s not a great loss in lumens output.

It’s here! What a light! :sunglasses:

Welcome to the club :slight_smile: :wink:
I am still looking for the battery,
Maybe this: Keeppower 26650 5200mah

A quick question guys
On Banggood is the N4-1C the CW tint?

Yes, 1C is typically considered cool white… 3A is their Neutral.

Thanks

I don’t think there have been any side by side comparisons between CW and NW so far.
I have used the low and medium modes of the NW L6, and the NW beam cut through the hazy air much better than the CW beam of similar brightness I was using with other lights. In fact it was quite a revelation! I would assume the same would be the case at high and turbo modes. Thus even if there is an expected small drop in brightness in the NW version compared to the CW, the NW beam may be much more useful in actually seeing things!

Plenty of beam shots of the NW 5000k version in my review: Review: Convoy L6 (XHP70, 2x26650)

Thanks for the reply stephenk. But would like to know how much lumens drop there is. Most of my lights are only collection and occasional take out and use.
Most of my lights are cool white. I do like the nw colour but also like to have the highest output :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t feel very comfortable running these since the whole family is gonna use this flashlight.
They might be very good and safe, but I just don’t want to take the chance

And buying a ~ 4000mAh 26650 doesn’t seem worth it to me, compared to a 10A 3500mAh that I can use in all my other torches.
Also 4x18650 weights roughly the same as 2x26650.

I wish there was a 4x18650 tube available, not with a circular section, but with an oval section, a physical (or spatial?) 2s2p configuration (see what I mean ?).
I think the design would be very ergonomic, a bit like a knife handle.

Just for grins I de-domed the XHP70 N4 1C that came in my L6, I was expecting a tint shift down, not up? A lot more intense sure! So I did a XHP35 HD (domed version ) D4 5000K while I was at it, I’ll try it in the L6 see if it shifts up also? Now I can’t wait to get the smooth reflectors ! :smiley:

Yes, I know what you mean - I’ve often wished for the same arrangement with 2x or 4x AAA’s for a compact EDC light.
Interesting idea to scale it up to 18650’s. I’m guessing it would be trickier (i.e. more expensive) to machine/manufacture an oval “tube”, but it should be do-able. It would also offer the advantage of orienting your hand so it’s easier to find the side switch (which is one of my few minor grips with the L6, or any cylindrical light with an unobtrusive side switch).