Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Thanks! That 90 CRI 5000K is really nice.

My Convoy L6 came today and all the good comments were well deserved. This is a quality flashlight at a very good price for the consumer.

My appreciation to all that made this information available and the good people who manufactured and sold this product :slight_smile:

+1

My L6 too is the N2-3C; it is excellent.

FWIW, if Daylight Balance was used (which was stated) and the K60 has a daylight color emitter then it will show favorably in the shot, but the L6 not having the same tint will be more severely dealt with by the Daylight White Balance in the camera. So the question begs, what does the L6 look like in real life as compared to the K60? More blue/white I would assume, not green.

I have the higher color temp version and while not terribly put off by the bluish color of any of my lights I do see it as bluish and not green. I wonder if the green tint is uncompensated white balance from the foliage.

I tested the 2 KeepPower 5200maH protected 26650 cells from BangGood in the Opus 3100 (?) and got 5303maH and 5245maH capacity from them. I had to use a magnet to get one to make contact with the - charger electrode. but the slightly recessed* negative end of the cell is no problem in use in the L6.

• It actually appears to be that the shrink tube protrudes a hair much. (strange software, I can’t get it to produce an asterisk at the beginning of this line. Weird)

The L6 6500 K is definitely not as green in real life as in my photo. Cameras have a tendency to exaggarate even the smallest of color temp or tint shifts. I consider the L6 very good tint wise if there is no point of comparison. I would approximate the daylight white balance of my camera (Panasonic DMC-GM1) as closer to 5500 K, because the 5000 K XHP70 looks a bit warm in the photo. I measured it at 5100 K on Turbo.

Here’s another one where you can better see the edge of the beam and the longer throw of the K60. This time I used the daylight white balance from Adobe Camera Raw, which it lists as 5500 K. I’d say this is closer to real life even though the tint differences are still pronounced.

I’m digging that 90CRI… Anyone know where to get it?

Nice work maukka, wondering though if your camera allows for Kelvin temperature set-up? The K60 could be shot in 5000 and the L6 in 6500, then the two images should reflect the proper tint? I don’t mess with that much myself, but I can give it a try and see what results can be found from my Canon’s. Pretty sure all of mine allow the Kelvin set-up.

I view video and photographs of all flashlight beam shots with a grain of salt.

I do appreciate the care taken in taking and producing these visual images, but if the end viewer does not have their screen calibrated it is not possible to say everyone is looking at the original graphic representation.

there is any holster compatible with the L6?

@ the parties disrespecting each other in this thread,

I respect all BLF members and their opinions but please stop. If you have a beef with each other please either get over it or take it elsewhere. There’s an off-topic section if you have things to discuss and there is always PM. I’ve seen several suggestions that it end from the involved parties but not without the added challenge. Telling someone “We should really drop this, but just so you know, I’m right and you are wrong” does not end an argument…ever. Conceding so long as you get the last word in will just keep it rolling.

We all have plenty to say, myself included, but this is not a place for personal quarrels. Here we discuss flashlights and sure we spin out regularly and go off topic but an argument where people are insulting each other has no place here. I absolutely will not allow one of my threads to turn in to a drama scene as others have. I will simply have SB close the thread long before that happens. We’re not there yet but it’s heading down a dark path and I do not want any part of that. With all due respect I ask that we get back to civil discussion.

Thank you all,
J-Dub

Here’s a thread dealing with holsters for the L6 >>>>>>> click here <<<<<<<<<

I measured the cct and tint on different parts of the beam. The central hotspot on the Convoy L6 is actually pretty close to neutral tint (black body radiator), but its cct range and tint shift is more pronounced than with the 90 CRI XHP70. Hotspot was at 6000-6100 K on the L6 and 5100-5200 K on the K60t.

Convoy L6

Acebeam K60t

For comparison: here’s an MT-G2 light (Nitecore EC4SW) which has a more consistent beam tint.

What charger do you guys recommend to charge the keeppower cells? I’d prefer to buy a nice charger that can charge many different types of Lithium Ion cells, as I don’t currently have one. I know Nitecore makes some really nice models, which one do you guys consider the best?

I’ve replaced all of my chargers with two SkyRC MC3000. HKJs review. If you want to buy from the US, it’s $105 at ProgressiveRC and not any cheaper anywhere else. But if that’s too expensive, you should check Liitokala Lii-500, which HKJ reviewed here. It’s available for a bit over $20 at Gearbest. 1 amp charging max with the 26650 cells will take a while though.

Thanks for the quick reply man. The first one is definitely too expensive. The second one listed is more in my price range. Is that charger better than the best ones nitecore makes? Cause I kinda prefer something from a company I’m familiar with.

+1

I would purchase a good quality 2 bay charger that can charge up to two amps at each channel; 26650 batteries at 1 amp is slow.

As far as price goes I purchase chargers as I would flashlights and batteries; I buy what I think is the best quality for my needs.

With a recommended charge rate of .6C, is there a charger out there that will do the high capacity 26650’s and 32650’s anywhere near this?

For example: A 6000mAh 32650 should charge at 3.6A, is there a charger out there that can do 2 or even 4 at this kind of charge rate?

Xtar SV2 will do 2 amps with two bays.