Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

The Efest do work in my L6, but I found them to not fit as well as the other batteries I mentioned and that I have been using.

This is really just an issue of user discretion and not one of ‘wrong or right’.

Well holy shit, the 69.5mm Keeppowers are finally available! Too bad I bought a different light in the meantime while I was waiting for these (nitecore TM03).

It should be no surprise that I’m still buying one of these though! lol Where’s the best (cheapest and most reliable) place to pick up the L6 these days?

Cheapest and most reliable, is like jumbo shrimp or army intelligence (an oxy-moron) probably when hell freezes over (another)…. enjoy your TM03 till then!!! :smiley:

adir’ , if you do a search using a public search engine for “Convoy L6 for sale” you should find what you want. You’ll need to open up the 5 or 6 hits that pertain to what you want, to compare price. Banggood, gearbest, aliexpress, and maybe ebay and amazon would be the typical hits to look for.

BG is out of stock and say they’ll restock on Sept 1st, their price right now is $55.95
When I bought mine I had a code that brought it down to $47.50 and I just tried that code and it is still good.
I’m fairly sure you have to link to BG through this other site and then log in and use the code but if your interested I’ll pm the info to you.

M4D M4X deals - Astrolux WP1 and WP2 LEP -> Ctrl-f -> L6 -> copy the coupon code and follow the link to pick one up for $47.50 (apply the coupon code at checkout).

With L2 and 2 26350 and LD M2 with 9A

measured 6,5A at the tailcap.

Thanks Andi

Regards Xandre

Any word yet on the smooth reflector J-DUB74?

Xandre , have you measured the amp draw with 2×26650 ?

Yep
It was 8,3 with the LD2 (9A)
at the tail

Regards Xandre

Thank you !

A standard FET driver should also do, I measured in true direct drive:
With Keeppower 5200 protected (short ones): 9.3 Amps,
with Efan 18650 Highdrain: 11.7 Amps, good for about 4700 lumens (N2 bin),
with 26350 from Banggood: 8 Amps.

Mike? The protected Keeppowers allow 9+A?

And something seems off on the lumens stated, I’m getting 4600 lumens from mine at 6.3A at the tail. 11.7A should be well over 5000, close to 6.

We (Andi and me) measured max 4300 Lumen at 8,3A tail
with a calibrated integrating sphere

Regards Xandre

Yes, 9.3 Amps at the tail, and keeps high for quite a while. The Keeppower are decent. I can’t do exact lumen measurements, only roughly estimate in my “Guest-toilet-Integrating-Cube”. The XHP70 is a N2 bin, though.
My lux measurements are more exact, 106400 Cd at 11.7 Amps with Efan 18650 30A.
All measurements with fresh cells directly after switching on, not after 30 seconds.

Ineresting Xandre. I use a calibrated light box as well. What method did you use to determine current? I know my light should still be higher in lumens because I’ve swapped out the emitter with an N4 on a 31mm MaxToch mcpcb, but I wouldn’t have thought it would be all that much different.

Mike, I’ve seen an FET driver do similar amps through an XHP-70 as well, but in my case it was in a much larger reflector and making ~6400 lumens. I know tint bins also cut down on the lumens, so going from a blue/white cool emitter to a candlelight warm white will definitely cost lumens, by the hundreds. ( swapped to a High CRI daylight white and lost some 800 lumens or so)

My numbers are more in line with this as well, stock I measured right around ~3000 lumens for both the L6 and S70 running ~35-38 watts (around 4.5-5A depending on battery voltage).

Modded to 55-60watts (around 6.5-7 amps depending on battery voltage) I am now reading about ~3500-3600 lumens.

Extrapolated out that lines up pretty close to your numbers at 8.3A once you factor in the efficiency losses.

What were your stock readings?

I am using Josh’s standard sphere calibration.

I thought you were using a P2 bin XHP70? Still a bit extreme of a gain though.

I have the 3A version if that makes a difference and mine came from Banggood.

Ugh, gotta check but TA you’re probably right… the P2 is the highest bin of late? I got it from Cutter. Dang memory is totally screwed…

We do not measured orginal one.

No intress :sunglasses:

Just a joke,at this time the integrating sphere was not around.

Regards Xandre