Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

I like the branding on em too, makes em look complete, professional.

Mine should be here tomorrow. :wink:

With the FETDD driver, which do you prefer to use, the push button or the E-switch?

I like the stock configuration, tail button for on/off, side switch for changing modes

I do not know of any FETDD drivers out there that give you the two button capability yet?

The one that I linked earlier does I think:

“The difference between this driver and the normal FET drivers is that it has been optimized for 2S+ cells and use of a momentary switch”

I made one fet driver (wight’s v044 fet boards ) with STAR dual switch firmware :

I think TomE’s Narsil is also compatible with dual switch , so i might make a fet+1 driver some time.

Of course it’s not the FET driver that has to work with the e-switch as much as it is the UI. I use ToyKeeper’s ramping firmware with an e-switch and love it. I have em in everything from my big honking lights to the little Zebralight SC52. If I build an L6 with an FET driver, this is the firmware I’ll use. 64 steps, reversing, last mode memory, love it. :slight_smile:

In this set-up, the tail switch is a cut-off. The light can be turned on/off from the e-switch, you may leave the tail switch on or kill it for storage or travel.

Correct 2s+ optimized for a momentary switch, if you read further down I found this…

Momentary switch ONLY. The current firmware only utilizes the front momentary switch; the rear switch only serves as a power lockout. There is no memory.

I don’t see anything stating dual button functionality? Unless I missed it???

Thank you lightx, I had hoped that maybe those on the fence might think what you just said,
I hadn’t gotten your message prior to my just now edit and removing those pics,
I thought maybe they took up to much space, but if anyone thinks they help anything I will happily restore them, I really did want to show that awesome branding,
To me that branding as I mentioned was so unexpected I was stunned to see it, just seemed like the light was now all the way complete for some reason, might not make sense but what I thought looking at it anyhow,

Edit: Now I know I’m getting with the program after I writing this post, posting it, then going back a page and read that Dale feels the same way, Complete… awesome and a relief that I’m not completely nuts, ha ha

I love hearing this. :slight_smile: The L2 and the L6 both have an excellent balanced feel though they are indeed large lights. Next to my doorwall I have a significant row of flashlights but the L6 is almost always the one I reach for first. :+1:

Talk like this is going to keep me working with Simon in developing lights for a long time. :sunglasses:

My most humble and sincere thanks for such a high praise. Please continue to be excitable! I know I am. My role with Convoy still blows my mind! :smiley: It all happened completely organically.

Two years I had no intention of anything more than owning a few more Convoy flashlights. That was simple logic as I’m a very budget minded person and I did not see any other company delivering such impressive quality-per-dollar. Convoy clearly stood out at the top of the budget market for what I wanted.

Through an unexpected chain of events Simon and I became friends and I found myself in a position to make things happen. How could I not do this? It’s a lot of work but it’s WAY too cool to walk away from! With the success of the L2 and L6 I was quite insistent that he put the Convoy logo on this one and WOW did he nail it! I love the positioning and how it’s subtle and elegant looking against the clear anodizing. :smiley: :money_mouth_face: :sunglasses: :student:

Thank you all for the support and ideas that made this happen. It was BLF as a community that inspired me to start this mission. Dale and KawiBoy1428 helped Simon and I tweak the final details and deserve a tip of the hat as well. Cheers to all my BLF brethren and sistren. :beer: :+1:

I can’t say if you’re completely nuts or not :wink: but I love that you love it and by all means put them back. I’m glad I quoted your post while they were still in there. Great pics and they they show just how well done the branding is…nothing tacky…sheer elegance.

Part of my self appointed position includes helping Simon grow Convoy. The stealth look of the L2 and first run L6 are really cool but I don’t like that when I show them off to people they’re looking for a name so they can search for these amazing lights online. That logo and visual recognition is needed and I’m thrilled to see it on this exceptional specimen. One little step at a time Convoy will climb in the ranks and be more widely recognized in the flashlight world. As I said…it’s become a personal mission. Simon and I have many more plans and yes, at some point the translucent switch covers probably will have a glow-from-below. :sushi:

I’m now wondering if the “Convoy Branding” will also be put on the black L6’s ? Looks darn good and I think the black models deserve it too.

I’m now wondering if the “Convoy Branding” will also be utilized on the black L6’s ? Looks darn good and I wish my current black model had it.

Logo already is on the black L6's, I received mine last week with same branding.

Bruce

I just can’t stand the waiting for mine to arrive!!

And I used a long lanyard that came with a SRK
Opened the end part
Used two holes of the tactical ring and used the sliding knob next to the end part for a little extra security
Took some force to pull it in the top right above the highest fins.
Works like a charm and does not look so bad either.

:+1:

+1

Good Work!

The Miller

Does the heat generated on high mode have any effect on the ‘parachute cord’ beginning to melt?

No didn’t notice any strange smell but at night the temps have fallen
Will turn it on now and check