Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Did you order the switch separately?

:smiley: :+1:
I didn’t know he was adding in the switch too! Awesome! I just asked him to start including the o-rings, switch boots and lanyard. I LOVE it when he one-ups my suggestions. :laughing:
That’s a nice looking lanyard too. :+1:

Nope

That’s awesome! Mine shipped from Simon. Hopefully I’ll get the switch as well. I already have a spare driver w/mode switch

Mountain Electronics 27.5mm FET Driver - 2S Momentary - Convoy L6

Mountain has a good option as mentioned above and I think Texas_Ace said he’s got a 30mm Texas Avenger series driver ready to drop in as a stock L6 swap. I believe it’s running on Bistro but I think he tweaked it for the dual switch setup or maybe TK tweaked it? Either way it sounds like all that and a bag of chips and I’m looking forward to hearing some reports. I love Bistro. Somewhere I thought I heard about Narsil being an option on the Texas avenger too which would be another cool way to go. Answers to all my speculation are probably in his driver thread here. I don’t have enough time to do all the reading but somebody should!

I ordered 3 of TA’s boards from OSHPark for L6… can’t wait for them to arrive :smiley:

Tactical ring is very useful for me with my medium palm size. Without the ring, gravity will pull the light from my hand easily.

Just check in for my L6 , I use XTAR 26650 / 4300 mah / length 69.2 mm. Fit nicely.

Welcome to BLF, of course we want to know if you got the black or clear one :wink:

I want to get a spare L6 switch from Simon.

I just looked at my tailcap switch on my L6. The switch is soldered on a board. From the looks of the spare switch posted above ,and the one on Simon’s site, I think those switch lugs will need to be trimmed for proper placement on board ?

Also, do I read right on Simon’s site that there are 10 switches per order for $3.50? Or is that the price for ONE switch? Dang Ali Express layouts.

That price is for 1 lot. 1 lot = 10 pieces.
So it’s 0.35 per piece.

Finally got to try it out during a trip exploring some old mines and it was great! No worries for short runtimes or heat when lighting the whole place up.

Thinking of getting a second (clear) light with warm tint, if they ever get available again.

+1

I felt the same way, and bought a clear version to pair with a black one. One is a N2-3A and the other N2-2C.

+1

or maybe different head options. flood, spot, etc

I run my stock and have not noticed a problem in terms of heat management; it might be different if the light was modified to its fullest potential.

For a stock light at this output is there any other one with better heat management?

The L6 handles the heat amazingly well. Even modded it still handles the heat quite well.

That said the S70 does have a bit more mass and as such handles the heat a bit better but the donut hole in the beam kinda ruins it IMHO when compared to the L6.

Thank you Texas_Ace for your observation between the two lights.

It has taken me four years to find out that price, advertising, and marketing does not necessarily produce the flashlight you might need. :slight_smile:

Just received black one N4 5000k from gearbest. Not sure which bin i got, the tint is more like greenish rather than fade golden. I’m not expected the anodization to be different from the L4, of which, has glossy n little bit marble smooth surface. This one is matte n not slippery smooth surface.

Oh, pair it with efest IMR Purple 5200, the length sit slightly below the tube.

Is it possible Gearbest mislabeled the N4 5000k, and it’s actually an N2 5000k? I didn’t think Simon had anymore N4 5000k left to sell.