Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Yep, one clear and one black, for now… :wink:

Just bought my first Convoy L6 LED Flashlight – N2 3A SILVER with Geadbest promotion code.

Maybe someone could recommend good price&quality ratio 2pcs protected 26650 batteries for this beast?

Maybe there are any promotions?

By the way, I have Nitecore I4 charger (purchased from ebay), I hope I could charge with it 26650 ?

If they fit inside the charger you can charge them. Should fit so yes.
There should be a link to banggood with a great deal on 26650’s. Maybe in the first post?

….Sold Out Currently…

The L6 has low voltage warning & protection so personally I can see no need for protected cells in this light which increases your options (apparently Simon Convoy recommends protected cells because non flashoholics can purchase the light).
These are currently considered the best performing, & coincidentally the cheapest, 26650”s currently available http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_360841.html?wid=21
or 4 of them http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_360842.html?wid=21
Thread about them here LiitoKala 26650-50A 5000mah 26650 - great first impressions
You may have to use a spacer (magnet, solder blob or Jaxman connector) to get them to make contact in series although mine make contact without (as some other posters have found).

I’m Late, but the party is still going strong.

Just ordered the L6 Silver N2 3A from GB for $50
And the Jdub code on Keeppower, thanks.

Previous FT order had some resistors and 1206 LEDs.
Hope the SMO reflectors will be back soon.

My first big light.

Happy T-Day all.

So you bought the last Keeppowers? :smiling_imp:

:+1:

Could have been me Ordered 4 Keeppowers and all was good, then about 30 minutes later ordered two more and those two were on back order!

yes because of price and shipping costs. GB is still outrageous shipping batteries to USA

It will be interesting to see if you even get the batteries. I haven’t been able to get them to ship me batteries even from their Los Angeles warehouse. They just send a letter saying they can’t ship batteries to the US and offer GB points or a refund.

Maybe your batteries will ship with them installed in the light with protective caps on the cells.

Just for s&g, I was looking at the 8-pack of 30Qs, and yeah, almost as much or more as the cells cost to ship to the US.

Click on “US-LA warehouse” instead of “China warehouse”, and shipping drops to almost nothing! :smiley:

And I just missed out on the 9buk S2+ by 3pc. By the time I stuck them in my cart, the price was back to normal… deal ended. Balls…

Hmmm. I ordered a set of 30Qs which disappeared, apparently “delivered” acto the tracking info. Ordered a replacement set on my own while I was duking it out with GB to make good on the tracking and “insurance” (which was apparently worthless). I did get the replacement set no problem (US warehouse, though), and eventually (after threatening to just have the charges reversed and be done with it) got a refund on the original/lost set.

So I know that at least from the US warehouse, you’ll probably get the cells.

If you let us know which country you are in, we may be able to point you towards other places you can get the shorter 2015 Keeppowers.

Illumn.com has the 69.5mm 5200 keeppowers now! $9 a piece. :slight_smile:

I heard that gearbest was shipping batteries that were not properly declared and they ended up losing their shipper. Now they have to declare them with their new shipper and prices for shipping batteries is now Sky High.

I always try to get batteries from the US (if your in the US). Either Mountain Electronics or Illumn.

Don’t forget imrbatteries.com if you’re US based, they’re in Houston, TX and offer us a discount site wide… BLF15. :wink:

I live in Houston, but I don’t buy from them. I don’t think they carry any protected batteries, do they? Only unprotected.

Hang on, I just did some looking around on their site and I see some NCR type protected batteries as well. So I guess IMR Batteries sell more than just IMR types.

They have a wide selection, some of the best cells out there at good listed prices and then there’s the 15% discount.

Protected cells I do not buy.

I have had good luck getting my 30Q on BG CN warehouse. Paid the extra dollar or so for the priority line or direct option and no insurance. I did check the GB USA warehouses for 26650 and did not find anything before I ordered the Jdub code Keeppowers on BG.

Sorry buy yet off topic, GB has VTC5 in USA free shipping now for $20 for 4pcs.