Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

The SMO reflector is quite nice but I really like the stock OP reflector. The beam is so very pleasing and general purposed.

I keep debating slicing the dome, the last one I sliced I was not all that impressed but it was not that great of a host with which to test it.

When do we get a review of the Q8? Exciting!

Well, I posted lots of info bout it in the big Q8 thread - could piece-meal it all together into a stand-alone thread, but time is a problem as of late. It's only an early phase prototype but shows some good promise. I had to swap the proto's driver with our real PD68/DEL designed OSHPark driver.

Took me a good 10-15min to figure that out when I got my L2 a few months ago! :stuck_out_tongue:

This guy said something about that earlier today. :wink: He’s pretty reputable from what I know…

I’m going to try to answer a few questions and sum up my comments to several posts in this one… Here goes!

Black only in this first run.

Awesome! That goes for Muakka’s MT-G2 build and TA bringing your driver to the table. WAY cool!!!

Tom, buddy whatever you want to work into Narsil that could run in the L6 I want to see! Options for the side switch would be awesome. :+1: I didn’t think ramping would be as cool as it is either but I have one light (old Convoy L4) with TK’s old ramping firmware and when I show my collection to friends they keep gravitating back to the L4 because they love the ramping. If I remember correctly Narsil has that even more refined. I can’t wait to try out Narsil in an L6 and of course I’m on the list for a Q8 too. :laughing:

I agree completely. I love that the SMO reflectors are available for thrower builds but for daily use with the XHP70 I definitely prefer the OP reflector with buttery smooth throwish flood. :+1:
I want to see more L6 thrower builds but not with the XHP70 which is simply not meant to be a thrower. The only reason people refer to the L6 as a “thrower” which it really is not, is due to the massive amount of light pouring out of that quad die emitter combined with a well shaped reflector. That combination really hit a sweet-spot in my highly biased opinion. :student:

Don’t forget guys that there is a dedicated L2/L6 modding thread here when you get to the details on any new builds. Please share!

I heard the same thing about J-Dub74 being very reputable! Looking forward to the link when the short tube is for sale :+1:

We need to differentiate the class of thrower - wide field vs. narrow field throwers, so the L6 is simply in the wide field thrower class .

Yea for sure. I do not have the SMO reflector but with the OP reflector its classified as a thrower in my books i have seen it go 500 meters and it still offers usable light around you. That is what this light has over the Soda can style flashlights.

:sunglasses: :+1: I have a large number of purpose driven lights but when I’m going out into the yard at night it’s the L6 I reach for every time. Though to be fair I don’t have a Q8 yet and I’m certainly looking forward to it. Even if they did steal Convoy’s block style knurling. :wink:

I like that. :slight_smile: It certainly does throw a field’s worth of light. :+1:

I was shining my L6 at the shed below whilst on a mountain today and it lit up that shed big time. Knowing the area very well, that shed was about 400m away so 500m is not a stretch for it at all.

throw…31.
the length of a beam of light:
a spotlight with a throw of 500 feet.

With the dictionary defining throw as the length a beam of light travels, not indicating the intensity or lack thereof at said distance, I reckon even a floody light is a thrower. Since the old standard was a spotlight that could throw 500 feet, looks like we’re breaking new ground! :smiley:

Hi
where can I get the best price for the Convoy L6 and a set of batteries for fit?

Thanks

Batteries Here Use coupon code “Keeppower” to drop the price to $10.99 per cell

Ordered 2x26350 to prepare for the new short tube that will hopefully be available to order next week :slight_smile:

Is there anywhere I can buy a backup tail switch for the L6 in clear as well as extra o-rings?

Also, I find my tail switch spring really grinds into the back of the batteries. Is there another

option such as a wider spring or something else?

If your tail switch spring is grinding into your cells then your cells are probably too long. In the L6 it’s recommended not to use cells over 70mm. Can you tell us what cells you’re using?

As far as spare parts, contact Simon through his Aliexpress store. If he has the items in stock he will hook you up.

I just purchased 100 of the L6 springs a few weeks ago, so he has them if needed. Apparently he is not using these on the S2+ as well.

Using the correct Keeppowers from the link posted at the beginning of this thread from Banggood. It just seems that the springs are real pointy and scratch the backing of the keeppowers a little. It's probably normal maybe and nothing now that I look at it again.