Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Got my 4000k L6 today and just tested it. Great tint for outdoor, less for indoor, but this will certainly not be an indoor light.
Now we wait for the resistors to arrive…

Thank you :slight_smile:

Great, any idea if/when one with a threaded ring would be available?

Bone stock L6 with 2-26350’s :open_mouth:

And dropping pretty steadily! :frowning:

On the Convoy L2 XHP50 FETDD I get 6.20amps at the hit!

On the Covoy L6 XHP70 FETDD I get 7.54amps at the hit!

And dropping really fast! :person_facepalming: Poor little fella’s! :cry:

Those are the purple INR 26350 from fastech? I wonder why they say 4 and 6 amp max when they can do 7.5?

No not Fastech, but they look the same. I got these a while back LIVE ! Groupbuy: 26350 cells

I tried your coupon code for the heck of it. It’s over a month since you posted it. It actually increased the price by $9. LOL

Hello everybody , fairly new member here . after reading all the rave review about the convoy l6 i bought one for myself from GB and unfortunately it came with a faulty tail switch . i have a few of those cheapo plastic clicky switches laying around , do you all think it would be an issue/unwise to use those in the l6?

First I would take the tail cap off and use a decent gauge wire to jump from the battery to the battery tube raw metal. If the light works, then the switch might be bad. It’s also possible your batteries are too long and the end cap can’t screw all the way down. What batteries are you using and can you measure their legnth?

If the switch is bad, it can be replaced. It’s a forward clicky designed for high current, so I don’t know if yours would match up. Convoy carries these switches for 10 for $5. If your switch is defective Simon of Convoy will probably send you one for free.

You can also contact gearbest and they may offer to refund part of your money.

I would focus on figuring out for sure the problem first.

But first:
Did you installed the tactical ring without removing the stock smooth ring from tube? If the answer is yes, then that is the problem. Put on only one of them.

Did you put the tactical ring on and forget to remove the beauty ring first?? :smiley:

That is what I asked too :smiley:

mmm i did the bypass test just now and it was all working fine i therefore concluded that it was the switch that was faulty (forgot to add in the comment that i did the test). The batteries i am using are also below the 70mm max, they are Palight CaroNite Protected 26650’s( are these okay batteries? i tested them before and they came out to about 4800-4950 mah on a discharge test to 3V, i don’t really have a lot of experience with 26650’s). I am just using the switches as a temporary thing until i can get the replacements, i am just worried about whether the switches are even rated for these voltages and amps. I have also contacted both gearbest and simon on aliexpress so lets just see what happens, what i gather from my friends past experience is that gearbest will probably just give me a partial refund as its pretty ridiculous to send the whole light back to them just for a faulty switch which is easy to swap out. Thanks for the tips JasonWW.

“But first:Did you installed the tactical ring without removing the stock smooth ring from tube? If the answer is yes, then that is the problem. Put on only one of them.”

EDIT:forgot to use the quote instead of reply.

I have been reading up on the common issues people complain about this light and that was the first thing i checked . it is correctly and tightly put on.

Update , i swapped out the switch for the salvaged one i got off an old cheap ebay c8 and yay it works…for now. Man this thing is bright, considering the brightest light i owned before the Convoy L6 was the Convoy BD01.

Wow, in all these 3800+ posts, I don’t remember anyone getting a bad switch. It must be a rare problem.

Anyway, I’m glad you got it figured out. The great thing about Convoy is that Simon makes all his parts available if you should ever need them.

Mine was half soldered but worked.

Yeah i was searching online and couldn’t really find anybody else having this issue so i guess i won the lucky draw? Anyway the only switches i could find on the Convoy Aliexpress site was these three
Forward Switch 2.97€ |Taschenlampe vorwärts schalter|switch flashlight|switch fittingflashlight remote - AliExpress
16mm 1288 Switch 3.25€ |16mm 1288 schalter für S2 +/S3/M1/M2/C8, eisen frühling|switch switch|switch 16mmc8 switch - AliExpress
Reverse Switch 2.81€ |Taschenlampe reverse schalter|switch lan|switch softwareswitch ip - AliExpress

I guess if simon or gearbest doesn’t send a replacement out to me ill have to buy the forward switch from Simon and solder it on myself.

We went to South-East Mississippi for my wife’s nephew’s wedding this weekend and during the wedding there was a wreck on the main road going out. When we left we found several police cars (blinding us so we couldn’t even see people out there) and a trailer house turned over in the ditch. The guy moving the house trailer lost control and rolled it. The cops had HORRID flashlights! I wish I’d brought a spare L6 and cells/charger… I’d have given them to whoever was in charge and they could have actually seen what was there to see. I had my 7200 lumen L6 in the door pocket, but figured it might not be good to give a total stranger and li-ion noob such a light. (The guys were not well trained, apparently, as they parked two cars directly facing oncoming traffic with what appeared to be high beams on, and a master display of flashling red/blues on top. Blinding, with little chance of seeing the guys walking around. They were just begging to get run over, couldn’t believe it!)

Seriously, you could barely tell they had flashlights, it was that bad. I could have lit up the scene like daylight, but figured the trailer was rolled, nothing to do til they got a crane or something out there. Some deep plowing of the road and you could see where the thing went side to side multiple times before rolling. Must have been one hairy ride for the driver!

Didn’t you stay to show them what real illumination of crash sites should be like? :smiley: