Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Ha ha, I’m pretty much a newbie and the first thing I did was buy a Convoy L6. It was my first “real” LED flashlight, and I’m glad I did!

Hey cool but u should have started maybe with a c8 or s2 convoy first as newcomer? but either way just be careful with batteries and u should be fine.

Simon, we need a new L6 with XHP70.2 plus smooth reflector and maybe upgraded driver. Fast. Please.

Great choice & great light. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. :+1:

Welcome to the world of “real” LED LIGHTS as well as to BLF!! :slight_smile:

Enjoy…… :beer:

I am interested in upgraded XHP70.2 and SMO L6 if available!

@cncyana Uppgraded driver? More performance or new firmware???

Oh yeah, I wanted to let you guys know that Lexel is offering a new side switch for the L6 that has 4 color leds on it. Each led has it’s own resistor so he can make 4 colors the same brightness. It only costs a few dollars.

It has 3 contacts on the rear, the common ground, positive to switch and positive to leds.

You can ask about them here.

I’m glad you mentioned the SP70, I almost forgot about that light.

I was in the market for a L6 just for a large (2x 26650) general purpose light anyone in the house can grab and use. Now that the SP70 looks like it is going somewhere, I’m probably going to wait for that. There aren’t really any other comparable lights to the L6 for ~$50 right? I’ve looked at the L2 as well, but prefer the larger size, more flood and higher output of the L6.

Both!

I saw a post somewhere about a replacement driver - a mod which had very low parasitic drain - if I recall about 56microAmps - so low he could leave it on standby all day.

Also looking at the Acebeam K65 (XHP70.2 shaved dome) which puts out about 6000 lumens and throws a lot! It does have a bigger head though. Maybe Convoy can make an ‘L7’ !

Nope, there is the L6 and the S70s. These are good lights and the only ones I would consider buying, but they are getting outdated and are not very bright compared to an upgraded light.

Lesser known is the Eagle Eye X9 which seems to have already been discontinued. Only Banggood still has some in stock.

Most replacement drivers for the L6 have very low drain. That is not a problem.

The K65 is about $200 and uses a different battery style. I don’t like the 4 x 18650. It’s too bulky. I also don’t like spending $200 if it can be helped. :wink:

Convoy, Simon, has not shown any interest in upgrading his L6. is not going to be upgrading his L6 any time soon. :cry:

Oh, but he HAS shown interest in upgrading, it’s just that he’s a small company and there are a LOT of competitive lights hitting the market so he can’t see investing the time and money and take a chance at not selling many lights. He’s working on several things, but again being the small guy he’s last in line at the manufacturing companies and everyone else is bringing out the bigger badder bestest mostest firstest and so he’s kind of left holding the bag. And that’s business in China……

I clarified my statement above.

ThorFire S70S US$36.95 at BG

It’s still outdated, but that is sure a nice price thanks to Banggoods Anniversary Sale.

I notice the L6 is still full price. Darn.

I think most of the manufacturers we deal with are smaller than people realize. Encouraging them to compete head-to-head may seem like it is great for us, but likely not for long. I’d rather see more unusual lights like the D4s, the ROT66, or even C8F than I would see Sofirn and Convoy ripping hunks of meat out of each other over big-headed, dual-cell XHP70s, etc.

Interesting. Thorfire have offered me an S70S for review, they are now stocked with Amazon AU where I purchased my other 3 ThorFire lights.

Wow, we obviously see things very differently.

Good to know, thanks.

I agree, the reason I was hesitant on the L6 is it’s about 2 years old and still carries about the same price, which is still a great value. But if I can wait for the SP70 which may have a better UI and a Q8 style standby light (which I really enjoy), that would be awesome. Do you think a 2018 release is possible for the SP70?

Thanks, I did not know this prototype, but I’m starting to follow.

Its still weird not convoy has made a l6+ yet….