Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Sweet wkhchin81! Thank you! I had not seen that before , perfect size at 32mm, man I gotta get me some of those! :smiley: (Eagle Eye X6, 32mm inside the head… well, 31.7mm, no step for a stepper.)

Wow, wonder what else I’ve been missing out on…

Now that I look at it, yes that is the driver that was the starting point for the L6 driver but as you indicated the original driver has been modified for higher output and different modes though I don’t know what the UI is on the standard FX-30. My searches don’t turn up taobao links and they don’t seem to translate to English. Thanks for the info.

The original FX-30 UI is exactly the same similar, Low-Mid-High-Turbo Turbo-High-Mid-Low (with memory); double click to get strobe mode. The Low mode is about 5 lumens, direct viewable, not too bright.

The different is there is no momentary switch input on the original board.

Any ETA for NW?

Yikes! That original T-M-H-L UI would have killed me! You can bet it’d have been in the trash can in record time! :wink:

Agreed. I don’t know what people are thinking when they setup some of these mode orders. The L6 low will be low, but not 5 lumens low. I love moonlight in small lights but it just didn’t seem necessary in a monster like this. The only thing I don’t like about the L6 driver setup is that it has mode memory. IMO this one should have started in low every time. Opinions vary of course.

Not yet. Even if he gets them in the next few days I asked him to wait until he sources the DTP boards to solder them to. I’ll post more information on both the emitters and the DTP boards as soon as I have something concrete.

I’m no expert, but it seems to me like concrete wouldn’t have exactly the thermal characteristics we want here… Take your time getting the good DTP boards! :wink:

How was Simon able to run the light on turbo until the batteries were dry without cooking the emitter if it didn’t have a DTP star? I mean 5A isn’t much compared to a FET, but 5A for 80 minutes is still going to generate some serious heat.

Well just because it’s not DTP doesn’t mean it’s not a good board. The copper board in there now obviously sheds heat well. DTP is always a little better though. At the stock 5A there may not be much real world difference between the one he’s using now and DTP but everyone wants DTP. At 80 minutes it DID generate serious heat. 80-90 degrees Celsius according to what he told me but that was indoors on a table. Mostly where you would run into problems with this current stock copper board is when people start tinkering to get more power out of it. Not that anyone here would do that. :innocent:

HA! Nice. :beer:

Oops! Sorry guys, mistake from me (typo using small iPhone screen). I just checked and confirmed that on my Courui. The FX-30 driver has Turbo-High-Mid-Low modes, not the weird T-M-H-L (corrected at earlier thread, again). And there is memory.

My preference is No memory, start in Low always.

I wholeheartedly agree. The BLF A6 showed me that. Since then I don’t understand why a light would be setup any other way. Well then of course Bistro came along. Yeah you could turn memory on…but why? :sunglasses:

The memory/no memory is what I love about my Eagletac D25A2 and the P60 drop in with guppydrv that I have. Both allow me the option to turn memory on or off and with the guppydrv whether I want it to start in low, high, or strobe. I keep the D25A2 set to no memory and come on in moonlight while the P60 is set to no memory and starts in high. There are times I will turn the memory on on the P60 so that I can set it to a medium mode if I’m letting someone unfamiliar with the UI use it. I think it would be great to be able to choose between memory or no memory on this light. I also can see where a hidden moonlight mode could be useful. In a power outage or in the middle of nowhere a moonlight mode can be sufficient lighting and with 5200mah cells would run for a good while.

Hey guys I just went to buy parts for my C8s and just seen the L6 looks nice he got the light out fast good work. On another note I have to buy a bunch of parts does any one know if simon does combined shipping? I don’t want to bug him if I don’t have to…
I need Springs
AR glass
Seals
Reflectors just things like this.
I might build another XPLHI C8 they throw so damn good :slight_smile:

I will grab a L6 in a few weeks I need more batteries first I can’t run all my lights.

Agree in full, about the compactness concerns.It is why I chose SR52-UT and K70.

It’s all free shipping unless you want to pay extra for a quicker service.

http://ru.nkon.nl/rechargeable/26650/enerpower-26650-4500.html

Are those batteries good enough for this flashlight stock, and will they be good enough for pushing this flashlight to the limits?

+1. I’ve often wondered why anyone would want an ultra-low mode in a monster flashlight.
I would usually carry a much smaller light (as well) to cope with the closer stuff…