Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Purchased mine off amazon and fit fine, both measure under 69.4mm

opinion or experience for this?

Keeppower IMR 26650 battery 4200mAh

Not protected…

Why are people going for the sub 5000mAh batteries, unless modded, absolutely pointless if it’s for the discharge rate. Why not buy the larger capacity and get same brightness but longer run?

I could be wrong, but I think there still may a benefit to using high(er)-drain cells in the L6. Since it’s sort of a “factory-modded” light at 5+ amps on Turbo, I would think that a low-resistance, high-drain cell would be able to keep it in regulation longer than a standard (low/mid-drain) cell. Some may intend on modding their L6 further, to the point where high-drain cells would be even more beneficial.

Also, there may be others (like myself) who will likely be purchasing other 26650 lights down the road, and want cells that are going to perform optimally in different set-ups as well. Just my $.02. :beer:

I bought some Efest 4200 the last week- they( Efest) claim there are no green and purple now, the core is the same, and my tests showed its true- i still got several new purple 4200 from the old puprle batch

• same look, same int resistance, same weight, same max amp paired with a fed dd driver

Here, a green one with a purple soul

Efest claims that there are many fakes on the market btw, duno if its true

By the way, those MXJO IMR26650F 4200mAh 22A are exacly as Efest 4200 green/purple: same performance, weight est…

For L6@ S70 i`ve found that Soshine 5500 gives the best high amp values

Are those flashlight regulated? Cause if so, higher amps does not traduce in more lumens if the battery gives that current at lower voltage levels. I.e. Predator PRO 2.5 drains more amps with old, end of life and fully charged batteries and lower amps with new imr cells…

It arrived in perfect condition! I’m thrilled! Can’t wait to try it out tonight. So far, I’m really loving the 5000K tint. As far as the price, it’s a complete and utter bargain! Thanks Simon!!

BTW, the mat black anodizing is gorgeous!

Man, that looks SWEET ! How’s the neutral white? I suppose amber tinted flood? Guess you’ll find out tonite!

I stumbled through @30 pages of this thread and gonna have to pull the trigger when Simon gets them back in stock.

The neutral white is really nice. I’ll know better tonight :slight_smile:

Yeah, if a fresh cell means the driver is limiting current to emitter then the lower the battery current the better. Higher current readings will be a high internal impedance cell.

As the cell depletes the driver will fall out of regulation, at this point the higher the current the better as this will maintain brightness. At the start with a fresh cell, all else equal, look for your lowest current readings :wink:

Oh Wowww!…. a clear-coat anodized finish coming for L6…Any confirmation on this?

At least the S70 aint- with Efest 4200 at tail amps the torch gives like 60k mcds, with Soshine 5500 at 5.1amps it gives 68k mcds, 5amp is quite low current for both batteries
L6 is in the car atm, will test it later but i guess its the same

J-Dub74

Is there any chanse for us to see L6 with a SMO reflector any time soon ?

That sounds great! I’ll probably get one.

From everything I’ve been told even by Richard there is no benefit whatsoever by using a high drain cell in the L6. I’m not an expert in this but if Richard says so I believe him. Even modding the stock driver with different resistors it is still a current regulated driver therefore no performance increase from higher drain cells. Now purchasing hi-drain cells because you plan to use them in other lights or plan to mod your L6 with a different driver I totally understand. My $.02 :wink: :beer:

Edit:
If anyone actually tests the performance of different cells in the L6 it would be helpful to all. If I’m proven wrong and I have to eat my words hand over a fork and knife and I’ll dig in. :zipper_mouth_face: :+1:

Awesome! I totally agree about the anodizing. I’ve never liked matte black anodizing as much as I do on the L6. It’s just a perfect fit. Showing my wife the L6 and S70 side by side and her thinking “they’re all just flashlights” :person_facepalming: I asked her to just look at the two lights and give her opinion. She said “The shinier one looks cheaper. The flat black one looks more elegant.” :smiley: :+1:

I want to thank you J-Dub for bringing this sweet flashlight to our attention. :slight_smile: I might even replace my TK75 avatar with this beauty!

Smooth reflectors are being made for the L6 though I don’t have a production date. Clear anodizing is also supposed to be coming soon too but again there I don’t have a date yet. Simon wants to do a run of S2+ in the clear anodizing first as there is much less cost involved and we want to see a full batch of clear anodized lights. So far he just has a sample of the S2+ in clear but it’s gorgeous. Speaking of gorgeous it’s beautiful weather here and I have to finish planting my garden so I won’t be online much today but I’ll try to check in here and there. I’m glad you’re all liking the L6. :sunglasses:

Anybody know if Simon’s XHP70’s in the L6 are High CRI led’s? The 5700K 2A he offers is a N4 tint bin and along with the N4 6000K 1C they should be the brightest two offered

5000K 3A bin drops to N2

But I’m just not in the know about CRI values and if they apply here.

I do not have a measurement equipment, but able to take comparison photos in a dark room (store room). From what I observed, it is not high CRI, probably 70+.

NICHIA 219B 5000K (BLF 348) vs XHP70 N2 1C (Convoy L6)

watching and waiting patiently for my clear L6 and tan S2+ and clear S2+ :innocent: :blush: