【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

At least it’s not “Macho Business Donkey Wrestler”.

War! War!

If the human eye can’t distinguish between 60 & 100, then at 60 it would suffice the task with better run times and thermals.

But as Simon has footnoted, “This may cause disputes.”

I too am looking into a better-spaced mode group and the KD P4000 seems better suited for my needs. With a YD5050 I’m getting 5,15,45 & 90% lumen levels. And, following question465’s request, I have the double-tap for max output (from any mode level).

Exactly! Were people really to believe that there’s no difference, then a 100 % mode would be a pure waste of run times without any upside. But still, despite the naysayers, the difference between 60 % and 100 % can be seen very easily. If not, folks should visit an optician or an ophthalmologist :wink:

Will the 3X21A or 4X18A be available with the GT FC40? I think it will be a good LED for those lights and I would buy an orange 3X21A with the 1800K FC40 if it’s available.

Agreed that it would make sense for the main mode groups to have another mode between 30% and 100%. Preferably it would be tuned to be closer to the max sustained output of the hosts it is intended for. IE, the 5A driver would have a mode meant for the max sustained output of an S2+, while the 6A driver would have a mode set for the S21a/b.

I third the request for a double-tap-for-100% function. It should be added as a 3rd config menu option to enable or disable it, and should be off by default. A click-tap from off or double-tap from on should work with a reverse clicky, and a double-tap from off should work with a forward clicky.

This is the biggest missing feature in Convoy’s 12-group UI for me. I have a whole thread on ways I think it can be improved, but a 100% shortcut is more important to me than any other point in that post.

It’s not the host that dictates the current requirement; it’s the LED (s). These hosts have been fitted with a plethora of emitters ranging from the humble LH351D (at 5A) to some KWs in triplet (which should run in the 18 Amps range).

As it stands, the newer emitters are more power-hungry than the available drivers. Simon is working on a 12V driver for the GT-FC40 and that will be welcomed.

I should add what freeman stated, the 17mm drivers are limited in a buck or boost configurations. The 20mm offers more board space and as the energy requirement goes up, the cell size (21700) follows suit.

Yeah, I get that. I didn’t see the adapter for the 17mm driver. Was just going off of what Simon already has available in his store, where if you want a 5A driver, you have to get an 18650 host, and if you want a 21700 host, you get either a 6A or 8A driver. I didn’t realize he might be able to build a 5A S21a upon request.

+1

Problem is the max sustained output varies by emitter and ambient temp, so there isn’t a fixed % for sustained brightness. Also keep in mind that 35% is current, and the lumens at this level is more like 50% due to increased efficiency at lower currents.

Good point regarding the 35% current being >35% output. For the rest, I was mostly thinking a ballpark figure of “ok, at 50C, the S2+ can dissipate about X amps of waste heat, while the C8+ can dissipate Y, so let’s pick a # between the two.” Then divide by the efficiency of the most popular emitter. Repeat for the S21a and one of the M21 series.

Just a rough compromise between not underpowering the large lights, while avoiding a big thermal stepdown in the small ones for a given driver.

Simon, I just read ZeroAir’s great review on the L8. I think I’ll have to buy one. :slight_smile: But I noticed that the spring is now a thicker 1.5mm. I measure my old M3 and M3C at 0.9mm. This is a great change, thank you. Can we buy these new springs from you separately?

Waiting eagerly to see a demo of GT FC40 1800-2000k on full blast…
Anyone got one on the way?

Sorry, I don’t have the relevant reflector and driver.

毛裤 ,That’s my real Chinese nickname :smiley:

and 4th config menu option ——> strobe active or not.
how about this?

I don’t have extra springs, I can source some from the factory if you need them. However, the elasticity of this spring is very poor. If you don’t calculate the size, it will most likely deform your battery.

My thought was to put them into the M3 and M3C as replacements because they are stiffer. Would that work? Using the same QB 26800 cells with your adapters.

This would be a great change.