【convoy】XHP70.3 HI R9050 6500K available

Always awesome news thanks Simon. Can I order S2+/T2/T3/T4 with SST20 660nm LEDs? Thank you.

currently L21B L21A C8+ use light green coated lenses

Simon, could you please run the GT-FC40 M21F without a battery inside to see how many milliamperes it pulls from the USB C charging cable at the maximum achievable brightness? Please use a good 2A USB charger and a good (rated at 2A or above) USB C cable!

Thank you!

Simon, will you make a b35am driver for those models?

I think the max current it would be able to pull is the charge current of the battery when charging it via the USB port. If you try to go higher than that the charge circuit might get damaged or just shut off. I will check the charge current of my M21F when i get home from work.

That lens fits the L2 as well right? If so I’ll add that lens to my next order. I’d like to compare a bit and see what effect it has. Maybe add the clear lens as well to have an uncoated reference.

Btw, has the red style coatings been changed in the past? When comparing the reflections of some older hosts, they look more purple than recently purchased S21A/B. Or it’s just an optical illusion. It depends on the angle I look at it.

Is there much reduction in lumen output of 2000k compared to 3000k gt fc40?

Yes! Definitely what I was always thinking about too!

I see that the S21D listing is back in the Convoy store, if anyone hasn’t noticed yet: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003779341243.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_allProduct.8148356.16.5995780dV2jwQ1

…but only SW45? I wanted one with SW30 emitters. Are there any plans of adding more CCT options for the S21D, Simon?

Looks like the other 219b CCTs still show in stock for the lights that use them, so you could always message Simon about a custom order. Could also see about getting the S21D with the 4500k 519a, and then dedoming it yourself (apparently just need some tweezers)

cheers!

there is one, well I have one. But it's made by the O'company :)

is it possible for L21b with b35a?

Interested in knowing the answer as well. Problem is most likely a suitable gasket. Depends on the size of the reflector hole. I stuck the B35AM in a L2 and the reflector hole is too wide for the intended B35AM gasket. It kind of fits snug in the hole, instead of covering it. Assuming the L21B has the same issue. Driver is available in 20 and 22mm, so that’ll work fine.

How big is the reflector hole of the L21B?

which driver? The 6v 22mm/20mm for the xhp50?

i see a gasket has been added to the store foe b35a in 7mm size, but not 9mm like L21b reflector

I stripped a S21A for driver and mcpcb, Don’t know if that’s the same xhp50 driver.

Why Simon don’t use anduril 2 on his flashlight ?

I think it’s to keep the audience broader. Most people (If you’re on this forum reading this comment, you’re not most people.) don’t want the kitchen sink in terms of functionality in their flashlights and Anduril 2 requires a manual if you’ve never used it before. Simon keeps costs low by operating on razor thin margins, and printing a manual would add to the costs. It would also add to the cost in terms of people trying to return the flashlight if they couldn’t get it to work the way they wanted to.

This has been discussed many a time before. Many people purchasing Convoy lights are not flashlight enthusiasts and want something that is easy to use.

I’m a dealer for Convoy and Sofirn, and Convoy sells way more since it has an easy UI, plus I don’t need to calibrate the thermal sensor on every unit to avoid hassles. The only thing I prefer on Anduril is the thermal regulation