Convoy S10 and T2: Two new lights from a great company launched on GearBest

Or 3AA. Think Li-Ion performance out of your emergency Eneloops

EDIT: Sorry, I was thinking of a completely different light. The T2 does not support 14500.

Does the old extension tubes for the SK68 would fit on the T2 head ?
I remember that C3 tube on djozz photo was good for do that.

If the driver doesn’t support 14500 there is no way it would support 3AA in series.

Two 1,2V AA maybe yes or for driver upgrade,
if this light will be on sale like an host later

You’re right. I was thinking of a completely different light. I’ve corrected my previous post; thank you for pointing that out.

Thanks for the review. I was going to buy some as a host but given the slow PWM and annoying strobe, I’ll pass unless someone tells me there is a replacement driver suitable for this host. Otherwise, I’ll just get another Sofirn SF14 to swap the emitter.

@djozz
thanks for your observations on the T2.
I had hopes for more, admittedly, concerning the driver.
But nice as host, with 17mm driver and retaining ring, and I like the looks of the light.

Strobe is strange for a Convoy light, as is low PWM. Makes me think he just buys some crappy driver elsewhere. A lot of components on the spring side, though. Would be interesting to know if it uses an Attiny or a different MCU. With an Attiny we can reprogram it.

Does anyone have pictures of the driver, both sides?

Kame Sennin has posted information about the T2’s driver in a new thread, with photos:

Oh that’s great, thanks.

:+1:

Left to Right (descending in length)
Sofirn SF10 > Sofirn SF14 > Convoy T2 > Jaxman E3 > Nitefox ES10K > Lumintop Tool AA > Amutorch S3 > Sofirn SP10A > Manker E11 > DGQ Slim Ti

I like the feel of the Convoy T2, more than I expected. It was already said that the fast click to advance modes can take us to Strobe and that it as PWM on Low and Medium modes.
I chose Neutral White XPG2 and I like the tint, it is not completely white, it has some rosy and at the same time yellowish (on Low, in the hotspot). It is a very nice light, but I will mod it!
This was bought to Simon, to whom I thank for the nice work! Having a Convoy AA flashlight is quite nice and this has great quality, as ever :wink: :+1:

Looks like it’d make a nice host. I wonder if it fits Mountain Electronics 17mm Li-ion boost driver? That said a proper boost driver for 1.2V would be excellent.

Hi,

Is it possible to post a beam shot of your T2 4500k? I would love to try Neutral white but afraid it might be too yellow.

Btw,

Does anyone know if the Convoy T2 has low voltage protection and reverse polarity protection?

On Fasttech website (https://www.fasttech.com/product/9667325-convoy-t2-led-flashlight), it shows no voltage protection / reverse polarity protection.
On their Taobao store (淘宝网 - 淘!我喜欢), it states:

(2) Low voltage protection: When the battery voltage is between 2.9 and 3.1V, the flashlight will alarm, showing a weak brightness with 2 flashes per second.
(3) Reverse battery protection: the battery will not light up, but there will be no abnormalities, no need to worry about burning the battery or circuit.

Which of them is stating the truth or are there different variations?

Thanks

My Soshine 14500 has discharged to ~1V, so it’s gone LVP :weary:

Hello

2) I tested that with an old AA battery and got it drained to below 0.7V without any warning beside the lower light output so obviously no low voltage protection

3) According to what i have found when trying to reverse engineer the T2 driver (in that thread) there is no reverse polarity protection. A reverse voltage would likely fry the two switching mos (because of their intrinsic reverse diode) if given enough current

Thanks for the test.

The result is disappointing. Kinda explains why there’s hardly any product description on their Aliexpress listing.

I thought if we order from Simon directly on Aliexpress, we will receive full featured Convoy flashlights similar to their Taobao store but guess not. :frowning:

You used 14500 on T2? I thought only AA is accepted

Yes, at li-ion it works too.

Mmm souds to me like a "up to now i am ok, says the guy at the 4th floor while falling from a 20 story building" ;-)

The driver is a boost only thing so all what is left for limiting the current in the led when beeing fed with 4.2V are the serial 0.2 ohm resistor and diode.

It is not intented to be used with li-ion so it might work some time but i would not rely on this

Hi kikstyo!

So, here are some photos of the T2 in comparison with other Neutral white beams.
What I can say is that mine is mostly on the rosy side, not yellow. However, in a white wall you will notice the yellowish in the hotspot and also a bit in the corona.
Higher voltage (with 14500 cell) would probably annul that and make it mostly rosy and white (similar to what happens with Emisar D4 XP-G2 S4-3D)

T2

Left to right:
Sofirn SP10B (XPL-HI U6-3A, OP reflector) >>>>> Convoy T2 (XP-G2 4500K, OP reflector) >>>>> Nitefox ES10K (XP-G2 , NW)

In this comparison, the Sofirn has the most “white” beam, then the “rosy” of Convoy T2, then a “warmer white” for the Nitefox.

I hope it helps :+1:

Some more photos, if someone needs to show what this T2 does :wink:

1,5m >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 16m

15m >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 35 mt

Left - Convoy T2 /// Right - On The Road M1