Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

Must say “Craig Sager Orange is cool". He does not look like a convict at all. Not a fan of beige but I am sure Simon's color choice will be good. Simon makes very good decisions concerning flashlight colors. Wish I had seen an orange S3 when they were still available.

The orange colour used on the Astrolux A01 was pretty spot on in my opinion. It was quite popular in the group buy.

I agree. I like it better than my huge orange square because it is shinny and metallic.

I’m not ignoring any of the orange requests and certainly appreciating the humor along the way. :laughing:
The orange color itself though has to wait on a few things before it’s taken on as an actual project. Just keep all that “orange energy” saved up for when it can actually be put to use. Honestly, it’s looking like the clear (aka “bare”) version may beat the DT version to production. The tan anodizing is still a work in progress but as the last anodizing sample showed, they nailed the clear anodizing. I wanted the black metal switch button on the clear version but based on the poll results it looks like the clear anodized S2+ will be more popular with the same stainless button as the red, blue and green colored S2+ versions use now. I’m cool with that too and I’m certainly not going to advise Simon to make something that will have lower sales just based on my preference. I wish I hade more to announce about the Desert Tan but until they get the color right we need to be patient. I’m hoping that we will have the new driver firmware ready before the next S2+ is released whatever color it may be. Thanks for your patience. :beer:

The firearms industry certainly has the anodizing colors down.

Thats most likely Cerakote like these two lights.

RobertB, You’re probably right, it did look painted.

I verified that this AR upper and lower was Type III Anodized before posting.

Any updates on the smooth reflectors?

No, and I haven’t heard any more progress on the DT anodizing either. Darn L6 made a lot of ruckus. :sunglasses: I will inquire once again.

That darn L6, it’s an impressive looking light, unfortunately it is out of my price range.

Are we there yet?

Not yet. Still working on the anodizing color. Simon did say he had some samples of the black switch though. He’s going to send me a few pictures. I’ll post them when I have them.

Waiting for the new colors!

still waitin’ :weary:

My blue s2+ with the metal switch has a slight problem, not for me but i gave the light to my old parents and they have no idea how to change modes and all that so i just selected medium mode because the driver has memory function. The strange thing is the light switch to low mode itself when i control the light the next day. Nobody had touched the light. This happend 4 times but not all the time.

Is there anyone who sells those modified iluminated buttons for the S2+? It looks really elegant when the clicky shines blue in combination with a blue anodized light.

The stock driver take a few seconds to memorize the mode after you switch to that mode whole the light is on.

I’m guess the light was on low when you turn it on. Then right after you change to medium, you turn off the light not giving the driver enough time to memorize the mode.

when this gonna happen? waitin for this!!!

Soon…ish. Unless of course it’s not… :person_facepalming:
I promise to post here as soon as I have something.

Sunday bump… Just to let Simon know the interest.