Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

“Acebean”. :person_facepalming: You can edit your own typos but those darn quotes will burn you! Simon really does strive for as close to perfection as is within his means and within those boundaries he does very well IMO. Seeing what he achieved with clear anodizing I am really looking forward to the next version of the sand color we’re looking for.

The clear looks great. Which color do you think will be available first the clear or the tan?
Also when the lights come out these colors will be available as host correct?

orange lights always suck imho …seems like no one ever gets it right .i’ve absolutely given up on getting a good orange light …
the L2 orange i got from illum.comis horribly brassy and gold ?.. so bad i won’t use the light .( I ordered the light so fast i missed the fact there were other colors available )

The clear looks cool …very cool

Orange is tough if you’re looking for the bright hunter-orange/blaze-orange/safety-orange type color. I’ve only seen it done right in cerakote so far. That doesn’t mean it won’t be attempted at some point but it’s a tall order.

Thanks for the pic. It’s a good start and I agree that it’s too metallic, on my screen it looks like it might have a little too much green in it.

I’m all over the clear. Take my money! First put the metal button on it.

The clear one would be nice with that silver metal button. The sand color needs some fine tuning, i think zebralight manage to anodize without metallic shimmer in it, they have natural-greenish color. Which convoy light will get the transparent LED endcap? I think this is an awesome feature and a wow effect.

Let me respond to each comment as best I can…

The clear one would be nice with that silver metal button.

• Personally I think the black metal button would look better but that’s just based on my preference in combination with the black clip. I’ll attempt to do my first poll to see if a black SS or standard SS button is more preferred with the clear anodizing and we’ll go from there.

The sand color needs some fine tuning…

• I agree. Simon agrees. We are working on this now stressing the lack of any metallic shimmer. I’ll try to find the zebralight you’re referring to but if you have something specific please send me a PM.

Which convoy light will get the transparent LED endcap? I think this is an awesome feature and a wow effect.

• No Convoy light is planned with a lighted tail at this time if that is what you are referring to though Simon loves the concept. He made a batch of clear silicone seals for the metal switch to help out modders building pilotdog68 inspired LED lit switch buttons and I’m trying to get the clear seals made standard in all future Convoy metal switches.

!

S2+ orange anodized body with an XML-2 7a emitter and 3* AMC7135 driver with low, medium, high output. Black tail cap and lanyard. Flashlight for the month of October.

orange is a little too orange for me

Never thought I could be assaulted by the color orange. :cry:

Not trying to assault anyone. This is just like a paint chip of color. It is my vote of orange.

Only joking. A good half of my posts are not serious.

Ok…so I don’t want to derail this thread even further, but I started a poll (my first! :slight_smile: )
Simon is working on the black stainless switch for the deset tan S2+.
It looks like it will probably be a black PVD coating on the stainless switch.
My question is, if/when a clear anodized S2+ goes into production what style switch would most people want?
I think the bare looking S2+ would look great with a black clip and a black stainless switch but I’m just one vote.

Please take a moment to cast your vote HERE!

If the poll ends close between a black and a stainless button why not sell the cap and the holder separately as a spare part?

Or just add a second set to the box. Replacement is at your own risk. It is doable for a modder but maybe not for everyone.

I was just being a smart @$$ of sorts. Nothing serious but I do like orange. My wife says I am a stick in mud about jokes.

Ah, the “Craig Sager Orange”. Good choice.

Definitely looks better than a spray on tan. :slight_smile:

is orange rude and obnoxious, or will it make america great again
imagine what a comb-over looks like when it’s wet