Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

^ Don’t make us pull this car over! :laughing:

Since we are pulling the car over :sushi:

In the years I’ve been here,
I’m not sure if I seen anyone use the sushi smiley!

:sushi: :beer:

I was inspired by your earlier post and hungry when I posted :smiley:

How does :sushi: smile anyway? Must take a lot of :beer:

As I mentioned, I too have been very wrapped up with the L6 lately. Big project that one but it’s really pulling together nicely now. I just sent Simon some more info to help them try to get the color right. He wanted something he could order to physically show them the color and they can hold it in their hand and not try to interpret from a picture. I found a few things on Aliexpress that were on his side of town so hopefully that will help.

So we’re still working out desert tan. The first clear and tan samples were not good. Well look who figured out clear anodizing…

Just got this picture from Simon and wanted to share. Now I’m off to bed. Good night BLF. Cheers! :beer:

Puts my S8 to shame! Wow!

Since it’s clear ano, not bare, tailcap lockout should still work, right?

Who? :person_facepalming:

Looks very nice! The clear tailcap fits well.

It might work but be aware that “clear” ano is really just very thin / light ano. It might wear enough at the threads to become unreliable with time.

The one, the only, Simon3! :crown:

It does look pretty pretty nice.

Nice!
Don’t suppose there any pics of the “not good” tan? I’d still be interested in seeing how it looks.

Yes sir, that’s the plan man.

It was a collaboration between the Easter bunny, Papa Smurf, Simon Mao and a couple more of my imaginary friends. Oh and we’re changing the name to ConFire. :crown: Grumpy old goat… :stuck_out_tongue:

There is actually. I was going to put a couple up in response to your request but for some reason Imgur isn’t working for me right now. I can login but if I try to access my images I get a message saying I’ve taken a wrong turn and if I was looking for an image it’s probably been deleted??? Obviously that’s not the case because none of my posted pictures have disappeared from my threads. Hopefully it’s just a temporary glitch. I’ll check back in a while. Once Imgur is back I can post a picture of an S2+ and an M1 in the first color attempt. It’s not terrible but it still looks like it has a bit of metallic and is a bit too gold IMO.

Edit:
Apprently I can still upload new pics and post them so here is the picture I was referring to.

I’m pretty excited about the Tan version. I haven’t bought any lights in a few months, this will probably be the next one I go for

Looks nice, but kind of hard to tell from the picture if it’s a true tan, or more golden… Kinda gold I think…

Like the black tailcap switch, pocket clip should go great on that model… :sunglasses:

Not bad at all, but I’m sure can be improved for the next attempt. Looks like it is close to acebeam’s tan

I hope it is light tan , not a variant of gold

That’s what we’re shooting for. I’ll let everyone know how the next batch turns out. That color and the Acebeam color are pretty nice looking but both have a bit of a metallic sheen and a goldish tone. Those are the things we’re trying to avoid. Stay tuned.

Have to admire Simon^3’s dedication to making sure we get what we want. I’m glad to see that he’s working on getting a better quality finish instead of just rolling with the finish he got. It’s still a good looking light, but he’s not settling for mediocre.