Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

Me too waiting for that. I want to build one with SMO reflector and XP-L HI and with blue lighted tailcap. I hope it will come with the stainless button.

I certainly expect it to have the metal switch. I currently have 2 S2+, one with a XP-L Hi with the SMO reflector in the green host. One of my favourite lights for sure. Keep in mind that you will likely get quite the rainbow of colour temperatures varying from the hotspot to the spill; seems to be one of the downsides of the XP-L Hi.

Is that why a lot of the smaller items haven’t come back in the Convoy store yet? I’ve noticed that most of the spare parts and modding components aren’t available at the moment, and having that access to spare parts is one of the things I value most about Convoy. I hate it when a manufacturer tells me, “oh, we don’t do spares, you’ll have to buy a new one” and a perfectly repairable item goes to waste.

I’m definitely in for the clear-anodised and desert tan hosts. Doesn’t matter which comes out first, I’m buying both anyway :slight_smile:

One reason for that is that I’ve found myself colour-coding my S2+ lights - red is stock, grey is custom EDC, black is experimental. I wouldn’t mind another couple of colours for high CRI or high output, for example, and I’m personally not keen on the green or blue shades.

Bump

and when?

Any news or updates on this?

In this color, I would take 2x L6s, 4x C8s, and 4x S3s.

Bring them on!

That is the same build im waiting for with lighted tailcap. Spectacular to look at even before you turn it on and make night into day….

Bump

and when?

? when

bump

I’m Interested! I really like this color

Last I heard there was no estimated arrival date available but I just sent Simon another message requesting an update. I’ll keep you all posted. You guys just reminded me that I’m supposed to send the battery tube to ketex78 for a photo shoot. Dang! Should have done that a week ago. Oops.

Thanks for the semi-update. I’m really looking forward to these. The C8, M1, L6, and S2+/S3 would all look good in DT. I would buy all of them in this color. I hope these are available soon. I know they will sell well.

Here’s another semi-update.
The Desert Tan S2+ is in production now. I can’t give an exact date but we’re looking at perhaps weeks, not months.
Another happy note (for me at least) is that it will have a black metal switch. :sunglasses:

Excellent news. Thanks for your and Simon’s hard work.

Any news on a clear ano version? :smiley:

Is color sample #2 (the dark one) the one that’s going into production? Or are there colors that we haven’t seen?

Well said brother! Our raccoon friend would be proud. :smiley: :+1:

Slow to the party, but I am!

Can’t wait to see the finished product.

J-Dub74,

Any news?

Oh gosh, I’m sorry…did I forget to post?

The first batch of 2000 was so beautiful that I bought them all and decided to keep them all for myself. I made a 10 foot long sled of desert tan anodized aluminium with two reclining leather seats for my kids to sit in and I use all 2000 of the desert tan S2+ as wheels. We sit and wait for someone to post in this thread asking where they are and then we all laugh maniacally while my team of sled dogs pulls them around the yard while we look at these BLF posts on the theater sized screen in my back yard…

Wait…what? Sorry, no news yet. :stuck_out_tongue: